We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire

Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire

Hi,

There will be 3 of us going to Alykanas in October and would like to know how much car hire is per day/wk? Staying for 14 nights but plan on quads for some of the time so prices for those would be great too?

Also how far drive it will be to other towns and lidl please?

It’s been 10 years since last on the island and my memory isn’t what it was , also not stayed in this area. 😌

Mentioned in this post
Alykanas
Alykanas
Zakynthos, Greece
5 replies to this topic
CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
7,149 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire

Lidl is near the airport a 25 min drive away as is Kalamaki, Laganas just a little further 5mins drive on past Lidl to the left, Tsilivi is pretty nearby a 15-20 min drive away, just a few places for example. Negotiating once there with cash and being so late in the Season will get you good hire deals for both quads and cars. With the Market Express supermarket chain now in Alykanas there's no real need to drive down to Lidl to do cheaper shopping. AB supermarket on the main road leaving Zante town just before the Alykanas turn off on the right offers excellent shopping too. Should you venture down to Lidl there's another AB branch dead opposite it.

Mentioned in this post
Kalamaki
Kalamaki
Zakynthos, Greece
Laganas
Laganas
Zakynthos, Greece
Tsilivi
Tsilivi
Zakynthos, Greece
Alykanas
Alykanas
Zakynthos, Greece
Zante
Zante
66 Reviews
Zakynthos, Greece
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire

Thanks so much for your advice, it’s much appreciated. Can you recommend a good travel insurance that will cover us on the quads please?

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
437 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire

Can't help with the quad insurance I'm afraid but agree with Mondeo on shopping around. I'm booking online for September as we want to pick up/drop off at the airport and the price differences are astonishing, booked a VW Polo for €22 a day in the end with Xenos, who I know to be reputable as I've used them several times before. Another company who shall remain nameless (I'll just say they wouldn't have been the best choice) wanted €46 a day!

When you factor in that I'll be saving €60 in taxi fares it's really only costing me €18 per day in real terms. I also agree with Mondeo that the Lidl run isn't really needed anymore unless you plan to do a lot of self catering.

Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire

Wow that is quite a price difference and I have now managed to sort the quad insurance (check my other thread including details if needing advice).

That sounds around the kind of price I was hoping for so will take a look myself with who you have recommended. Thanks a lot. No not lots of self catering but mainly packed lunches and breakfasts. Part of the holiday experience is the great restaurants at night as the sun goes down. Best seafood/fish places to try? Good steak? Local food recommendations welcome?

Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire

Can you send a link so I could pre-book also please?

Reply to: Car Hire
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alykanas