We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alykanas Village Hotel Water Slides

Chorley, United...
4 posts
Alykanas Village Hotel Water Slides

Hi. We stayed at the Alykanas Beach Village three years ago, when it was still self catering. Our boys did like the little water park there but wd didnt really use any of the other facilities at the hotel. Now that it is AI we are going to stay at the Agia Kiriaki bungalows when we return in August (and cant wait - it looks ideal for us!). Does anyone know if non residents can still use the water slides at thd Alykanas Village?

10 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
54 posts
59 reviews
1. Re: Alykanas Village Hotel Water Slides

There have been mixed answers to this over the last couple of years

I'm aware of people who have used them, but I'm also aware of people who have been ejected for not being residents - the AI wristbands make it easy to identify those who aren't staying there. I *think* they've been quite strict about this over the last year or so whereas it was fairly inconsistently enforced the previous summer

London, UK
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
188 reviews
2. Re: Alykanas Village Hotel Water Slides

Sorry, can't answer your question re the water park but can tell you that you will love the bungalows where you are staying. We stayed there last year and are returning this year, they're in a perfect location and have everything you need.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: Alykanas Village Hotel Water Slides

We we're there last May with our 3 Grandkids and staying at Danny's. A member of staff told us we could use the water park but no more than a hour which worked fine with us. We used it a number of times and was never asked to leave.

Edited: 6:01 pm, February 24, 2018
UK
Level Contributor
32 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Alykanas Village Hotel Water Slides

We went there a couple of years ago, but got booted out by the lifeguard.

Rhondda Cynon Taf...
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Alykanas Village Hotel Water Slides

We used the water park and were never asked to leave. A load of non residents also went there for breakfast and wasn’t asked to leave either, someone bought a day pass and him and 4 family members ate and drank there for 3 days too!!

Chorley, United...
4 posts
6. Re: Alykanas Village Hotel Water Slides

Has anyone had any recent experience with trying to use the waterslides / splashpark as a non resident at ABH this year?

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
7,268 posts
64 reviews
7. Re: Alykanas Village Hotel Water Slides

Chris T, It's not the ABH which has no water/splash park, it is the Thomson Family Life Hotel next door which was formerly known as the Alykanas Beach Village Hotel. Our daughter was staying elsewhere but took the grandchildren in there in May without any problem, it may be more strict with numbers now that the peak Season is almost upon us !!

Edited: 3:59 am, July 01, 2018
Rhondda Cynon Taf...
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
8. Re: Alykanas Village Hotel Water Slides

It’s no longer a family life hotel, that’s how we got stung last year. After we booked the holiday TUI decided it wasn’t up to Family Life standard so they lost the brand. Our holiday cost £6000 and they wouldn’t offer any type of refund or compensation only an alternative family life hotel in Kos which was unacceptable as we were attending a family wedding in Tsvilli and Kos was 400 miles away.

Chorley, United...
4 posts
9. Re: Alykanas Village Hotel Water Slides

Thanks Mondeo. Hopefully we will sneak in under the radar for half an hour on the waterslides in the mornings before playing on the beach in front of Neraida for the rest of the day! I love the smell of their bbq wafting across the beach in the afternoons.

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: Alykanas Village Hotel Water Slides

We are heading over in August so emailed them to ask if we could purchase a day ticket to use the water slides and I have been told that a day pass is 30 euros a day for adults and 15 for children. This includes all facilities on offer to staying guests, so it will be for the food and drinks too. I am a bit reluctant though as the food is not given great reviews.

Reply to: Alykanas Village Hotel Water Slides
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alykanas