We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire - high season 2018

Leicester
Level Contributor
75 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire - high season 2018

What are the best Car Hire places in the area ? I usually find you can get a local no nonsense deal if you know where. I am not the slightest bit interested in the large companies like Avis etc as they seem more inclined to try and rip you off! - It does not matter to me if the car is older so long as it is sound. Jeep type preferred.

14 replies to this topic
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
631 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Car Hire - high season 2018

we hired a beach buggy in the centre of alykanas, just for the day... didnt take the first price price...or the second... but took the third and final offer saving 35 euros...never took photos or inspected it upon return (not that it was bumped at all anyway) and thoroughly enjoyed our first ever experience of hiring a vehicle abroad and travelling up and down the island... though in hindsight, on an overcast, windy september day, it might have been wiser to hire something with a windscreen and doors....or at least hire a massive coat aswell

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
229 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Car Hire - high season 2018

I stay in Alykes normally, however returning next year to Alykanas and we rent from Merlis in Kalamaki. Julie is super, we liaise over email, and no stress at all! I am in the process of organising my car from Merlis for next year. :)

Mentioned in this post
Alykes
Alykes
Zakynthos, Greece
Alykanas
Alykanas
Zakynthos, Greece
Merlis
Merlis
265 Reviews
Zakynthos, Greece
Kalamaki
Kalamaki
Zakynthos, Greece
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Car Hire - high season 2018

How much can I expect to pay per day/wk for car hire?

Leicester
Level Contributor
75 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Car Hire - high season 2018

You could enquire direct with the firms offering hire. Following my orignal post and the replies I have booked to hire a suzuki jeep that works out at 50 Euro a day for everything except fuel. If you hre a little car like a peugeot 106 it will be a fraction of that and again it depends if you want a nice new one or an old one, for a day or a week may give different rates.

Reply to: Car Hire - high season 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alykanas