We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

euro

kent
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
euro

hello going to molyvos in june is it best to get my euros at home or when we get there

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,124 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: euro

Unless you get more than £750 with FairFX you pay £6 for delivery. Negates the better exchange rate.

Tesco's (actually Travellex) might not be quite as good a rate but you can either get free delivery when converting £500 or more, or get it delivered to a bureau in store (rate online is better than in store).

So today if I wanted about £600 of Euros, Fairfx would be £604.80 for €700 including delivery.

Tesco online is exactly the same as it happens because delivery is free. £604.80 for €700.

So I guess if you need £750 or more, FairFX is going to be the better deal.

Although, if you have a Tesco Credit Card, you can use that for free with no cash advance with the Tesco's foreign money exchange. And you get Clubcard points too. so for £600 I'd also get 300 Clubcard points.

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,766 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: euro

Yes - you should always take into account any delivery fees etc & any other extras you might get like Reward points. Only makes a small difference in the grand scheme of things but that difference is better in YOUR pocket where it can fund a Mythos or three! If you are travelling independently for two weeks, paying cash for rooms & a hire car then you need £750 plus.

Wolverhampton
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: euro

Fairfx are spot on ! The rates still rising, good news for some but not for me .

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,766 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: euro

I bought at just below todays level some time ago, & have seen the rate yo-yoing ever since. Really is so unpredictable, but even if it improves again between now & my trip I won't be too bothered as I could not have been around in next couple of weeks to take delivery & what I might have saved I would spend in time & petrol trekking off to the sorting office some 5 miles away.

15. Re: euro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Molyvos
Recent Conversations
More Molyvos Topics