We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Albufeira to Lisbon

Which Olhos de Agua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Train from Albufeira to Lisbon

Hello again to you all,

The time has come for us to come to Olhos d'Agua - I leave home at 19.30 on 2/10 to stay overnight with my friend, and we fly from Liverpool early on Thursday 03/10.

I have been trying to buy train tickets online from Cp.pt for our departure to Lisbon on 10/10, have found time is 10.08 from Albufeira to Lisbon Entrecampos station.

The problem is: when I have entered passengers' names, passport numbers and my over 65 discount, the seats which are allocated in carriage 81 are numbers 52 and 56 - opposite sides of the carriage and REAR facing. I have tried to change these seats for nos. 33 and 34. I have left clicked and held seat 52 and dragged the green 'seat pad' to no. 34, released the click and the green pad goes back to 52. No chance to individually confirm, per the instructions. Same for seat 56 to anywhere.

I have contacted CP.pt and they have asked for my Browser type and version - it is Firefox and probably the latest, as my Linux OS is up to date. Then I was asked to send a copy of the window shown per the start of this paragraph, so I sent that to them. No reply yet.

What am I doing wrong, please? Can I book and then change seats? Definitely?

Best regards, David

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Train from Albufeira to Lisbon

Hello again guys and gals,

Many thanks for all your help with the train seat problem et al. We are now back in cold and wet England, with winter coming along. Brrrrr!

I booked a taxi on the previous afternoon at the carpark area in Olhos d'Agua. The driver arrived at Hotel Portobay Falesia 5 minutes early, and we had a good taxi run to Albufeira/Ferreiras station, arriving about 45 minutes before the train was due. Have you tried the toilets there?

We were helped with our cases up to the carriage by the train staff, the number for which was on t'other side, and we saw it only after we had alighted at Entrecampos. It was extremely interesting to find that the gangway in 1st class was well and truly clogged with cases - plenty of narrowish space on the overhead 'shelves'. I'm glad that we booked the particular seats, as we faced forward at the only table in the carriage. Wide Some people who had boarded before Ferreiras were in the wrong seats and needed to move when 'owners' boarded later. Only one seat was not occupied, so CP seems to be doing things correctly.

I'm glad that I didn't hire a car in Lisbon - it's a driver's nightmare, especially if you normally drive on t'other side of the road.

Again, molto obrigado.

Next 'stop' is the Sheland Isles in January, hopefully for a good view of the Aurora Borealis [Northern Lights] and for Up Helly Aa!, where lots of local guys in 'Gear' haul a replica Viking Longship around Lerwick, before setting fire to it. Should be good. It took 4 days, of more than 4 hours each day, before I found accommodation at this really busy time. Flights are darned expensive from Birmingham to Lerwick via Glasgow!

Ciao,

David.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,002 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Train from Albufeira to Lisbon

Well I am glad it worked out well for you and that you left the weather behind.

23. Re: Train from Albufeira to Lisbon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Olhos de Agua