We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olhos de Agua transport to Main Albufeira

Which Olhos de Agua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cork, Cork, Ireland
2 posts
Save Topic
Olhos de Agua transport to Main Albufeira

Staying in Aparthotel Olhos de Agua next week with my girlfriend, Its just the two of us so I am wondering if we wanted to get to old town or the strip will a bus take us straight there or will we need to make any changes? Any info on price etc. Would a taxi be much more as I am tempted to just take the taxi for ease. I'm very confused indeed about the whole bus system in Albufeira and the surrounding areas. As the stops themselves dont seem to have names? Also, Anything I should know regarding things to do where to eat etc in Olhos de Agua? Not actually sure how far from main albufeira we are staying. Thank you so much in advance, I appriciate it! :)

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
45,512 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Olhos de Agua transport to Main Albufeira

Olhos D'Agua is about 3.5 miles from the old town Albufeira, about 2.5 miles from the newer end of town which is known as 'the strip' and is the main area of tourist bars, clubs and restaurants. The old town is also pretty stacked with places to go and there is a beach right there as well.

There is a bus between Olhos D'Agua and Albufeira but it does not go down into the old town if that's where you would be aiming for. It's a 5 or 6 minute minute walk from the nearest stop at the Continente / Modelo shopping centre. The fare is €2,20. A taxi is about 8 Euros daytimes, nearer 10 at night and also all day at weekends. Buses do not run after about 8pm going towards Albufeira, last bus back is 645pm weekends and 730pm on weekdays.

All the bus stops have names, but the bus routes do not have numbers like in most of the rest of Europe. The bus stop called Olhos D'Agua is practically opposite the apartment hotel where you are staying, just up by a long row of shops.

This page is a quick summary of buses around Albufeira and has links to the various timetables and maps you might need.

http://www.algarvebus.info/albufeira.htm

Let me know if you need any more information.

Edited: 4:34 am, May 22, 2013
Cork, Cork, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Olhos de Agua transport to Main Albufeira

You are an absolute Gentleman thank you so much! You've cleared everything in my mind :)

3. Re: Olhos de Agua transport to Main Albufeira

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Olhos de Agua