We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How lively is Olhas d'Agua

Prenton, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
How lively is Olhas d'Agua

Hi,

I am looking at booking Porto Bay Falasia hotel but I am worried it will be too remote.

we aren't after a lively holiday particularly as we have a newborn, but we would like a few nice restaurants within walking distance (don't fancy getting a taxi with a newborn without a car seat) and we would like a few nice bars to have a drink before we go back to the hotel. Will we get this in this resort?

Also can you tell me how far Villamoura and Albuferia are-is it walking distance?

many thanks for your help

Kate

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,844 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How lively is Olhas d'Agua

Edna Balaia Sol is a lovely resort, just on the edge of countryside, nice and quiet, but as said previously not far to walk for bars/restaurants. We have stayed there on a couple of occasions when having renovations done to our property and only a short walk back to our house, so it was ideal for us. We have always found it ok and good value for the price you pay for the accommodation. I'm sure you will enjoy it if you book there.

Edited: 4:53 pm, April 19, 2013
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: How lively is Olhas d'Agua

We stay in olhos d'agua every year. Spent a month there with our 2 month old at the time in September and are heading over tomorrow, it will be our 3 year olds 7th visit. It's perfect for a family holiday. Lots of nice restaurants- fratelli is our favourite (down by the beach) falesia beach is beautiful and never crowded, and there are plenty bars to keep everyone happy. Our favourite is the cabana bar where they make a real fuss over kids. Old town is 8euros in a taxi and the strip is walkable, but a long walk, or around 4 or 5 euros in a taxi. Vilamoura is very expensive by taxi (I think we paid 25 euros each way a few years ago but can't remember exactly, we hire a car now) hope you enjoy your holiday

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: How lively is Olhas d'Agua

We stay in olhos d'agua every year. Spent a month there with our 2 month old at the time in September and are heading over tomorrow, it will be our 3 year olds 7th visit. It's perfect for a family holiday. Lots of nice restaurants- fratelli is our favourite (down by the beach) falesia beach is beautiful and never crowded, and there are plenty bars to keep everyone happy. Our favourite is the cabana bar where they make a real fuss over kids. Old town is 8euros in a taxi and the strip is walkable, but a long walk, or around 4 or 5 euros in a taxi. Vilamoura is very expensive by taxi (I think we paid 25 euros each way a few years ago but can't remember exactly, we hire a car now) hope you enjoy your holiday

Durham
Level Contributor
120 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How lively is Olhas d'Agua

Hi , I've just been reading this and I am stuck whether to stay in Olhos D'agua or in a complex near the old townn. I don't want to the lively strip nightlife but is there some bars where you can sit in all night, with decent (not rowdy) music and just watch the world go by? I reaad somewhere that the bars aren't open late but does anyone know what time they actually stay open to? I'm looking at Vistas Das Ondos does anyone know what this apartment is like and what is nearby?

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: How lively is Olhas d'Agua

yes there are bars like that ,these apartments are set back off main road close to good supermarket for sc and good restaurants also nearby, bars shut basically when there are no patrons left

Durham
Level Contributor
120 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: How lively is Olhas d'Agua

Thanks. How long woud it take to walk or taxi to the old town and do you know how much it would be? Ive picked the apartment havent booked it and dont know if im staying in the right area

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: How lively is Olhas d'Agua

I stayed in vista das ondas for a month in september last year. Apartments are all different in decor etc but are relatively spacious and the complex is modern and well maintained. There is an adult pool and kids pool, tennis courts and underground car park if you're hiring a car. It's less than 5 mins into the main bars and restaurants of olhos and the beach. The taxi rank is just at the bottom of the road so if you wanted to visit the old town it's 8-10 euros in a taxi away. I'm in albufeira just now and spent my birthday night out in olhos d'agua rather than the old town last night. It's lively enough for me with a young family but it depends how much you want. There's live music in one of the restaurants by the beach every night if that's what you're after, although there is more choice in the old town. Either way, you'll have a great time.

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: How lively is Olhas d'Agua

I stayed in vista das ondas for a month in september last year. Apartments are all different in decor etc but are relatively spacious and the complex is modern and well maintained. There is an adult pool and kids pool, tennis courts and underground car park if you're hiring a car. It's less than 5 mins into the main bars and restaurants of olhos and the beach. The taxi rank is just at the bottom of the road so if you wanted to visit the old town it's 8-10 euros in a taxi away. I'm in albufeira just now and spent my birthday night out in olhos d'agua rather than the old town last night. It's lively enough for me with a young family but it depends how much you want. There's live music in one of the restaurants by the beach every night if that's what you're after, although there is more choice in the old town. Either way, you'll have a great time.

Durham
Level Contributor
120 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: How lively is Olhas d'Agua

The apartment i was looking at is on the third floor on the corner so hopefully will get plenty of sun! Theres onlyme and my partner, no family, but we want somewhere we can have some chilled nights and not right in the mix. What were the buses like, did you use them to get into the main town or to the marine park? What are the best bars in olhos?

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: How lively is Olhas d'Agua

We have stayed at The Riu Palace Algarve in Olhos a few times and that is a lovely hotel - pretty gardens with little pathways. Outdoor and indoor pools. Small town with a few bars and a clean supermarket and chemist. Easy walk to the local beach where there are bars and cafes. You can also walk to Acoteias and pass a few shops and cafe along the way. Falesia beach is a long way down -lots of steps or a stony road . Get down to tiny bay via LOTS of steps -plenty of sitting areas along the way-baby in a sling perhaps. Bus goes from near hotel to Albufeira and Villamoura -nice walks there too. Hotel is spotless, excellent food. Beach view rooms are lovely.

Get answers to your questions about Olhos de Agua
Recent Conversations