We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Shuttle services

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Shuttle services

My OH and I are holidaying in Olhos de Agua in May and we are toying with the idea of using a shuttle service from the airport. We have had many holidays in the Algarve and have always rented a car. My only two concerns are, how long would we have to wait for shuttle bus to depart and how early do they pick you up to take you to the airport? I would be grateful if anyone has experience of using these shuttle services. I have priced up Resort Hoppa and Travel Republic so far, similar prices and Resort Hoppa give an estimated drop off time of 28 minutes.

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Airport Shuttle services

Sharing would be have been a brilliant idea, but unfortunately we aren't travelling on your date!! I think we are going to book our usual car hire, for just a little more we will have the freedom of a car and be able to choose when we return to Faro Airport to fly home. Thanks for everybody's replies. I will recommend Yellowfish to friends who are staying in Albufeira in July, there are four of them and it would suit them down to the ground.

Blackpool, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Airport Shuttle services

would yellowfish taxis take the money on arrival?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,993 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Airport Shuttle services

Yes they do James, (Majority of airport transfer firms do) but they will not let you down for your return journey back to airport, very reliable, read the reviews yellowfishtransfers.com/en/clients-feedback

My hubby travelling on his own had a shuttle transfer quite a few years ago (only over for 2 days) and was let down badly by the company he booked, think it was Paradise Tours. he only just made his flight due to uncaring people who couldn't be there at there pick up point on time. He said never again. We always hire a car when travelling together but if we do need a transfer we use Bravotur or Yellowfish.

Edited: 5:14 pm, April 15, 2013
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,993 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Airport Shuttle services

Forgot to mention James if you book online you have the option of paying the driver on arrival or paying upfront by credit/debit card.

Blackpool, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Airport Shuttle services

can i book it now and pay tomorrow .please?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,993 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Airport Shuttle services

If you go on www.yellowfishtransfers.com and fill in the instant quotation it will give you a price and then click book now, you will have to fill in your dates of travel flight number and time of arrival & departure and then it will give you the option of either paying the driver or pay now by debit/creditcard, just click which button applies to you.

Blackpool, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Airport Shuttle services

thanks for youre answer but iam trying now but its asking for payment now but i don't get paid till tomorrow.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,993 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Airport Shuttle services

well leave it till tomorrow then when your wages go in the bank and you have funds to cover the payment. If you are paying by credit card then that's different the payment is covered.

Edited: 5:49 pm, April 15, 2013
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,993 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Airport Shuttle services

You should have had the option of paying the driver on arrival, did that not show up?

joshieboo
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: Airport Shuttle services

Yes use Yellowfish they are fab we used them in September and they are so efficient. Using them again this week....we used a shuttle service a few years ago and it took over an hour and a half......door to door much better and holiday starts a lot faster, have a good holiday.

Get answers to your questions about Olhos de Agua