We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alvor to odiaxere

Which Odiaxere hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
607 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
alvor to odiaxere

can I travel easily from Alvor to Odiaxere and are buses scheduled for early morning market? Travelling 26 Sept. Many thanks

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,908 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: alvor to odiaxere

There are no direct buses. In fact, highly annoyingly for you, the bus between Alvor and Lagos goes through Odiaxere without stopping. It is a limited stop service and Odiaxere is clearly not important enough to merit a stop!

There's a bus from Alvor roundabout to Lagos at 0925 (theoretically, as it is always about 10 - 15 minutes late in my experience) which will sail through Odiaxere as i said and on to Lagos. You can then catch the local bus number 3 back to Odiaxere, which runs every half hour.

One way to do this (without going to Lagos and back-tracking) is to take the local Vai e Vem number 10 bus from Alvor roundabout to Portimao and then the local bus from Portimao to Odiaxere.

The former runs every 20 minutes at about 5,25 and 45 minutes past the hour, taking 25 minutes to get to Portimao. The bus from from Portimao to Odiaxere (it's the local bus to Lagos operated by Frota Azul and they don't use route numbers) leaves at 0800, 0900 and 1010 - full timetable on my personal webpage at www.algarvebus.info/009.htm

The Vai e Vem buses go to the Largo do Dique in Portimao. The stop for the other bus is about 100 yards away - see the map on www.algarvebus.info/011.htm for detail.

I am hesitant to suggest getting off the number 10 before it gets to the centre of Portimao. It is a while since I have used that bus and although it does run along some of the same road as the Lagos bus, I am not 100% sure of the intermediate stops and I don't want to leave you stranded in some grotty suburb.

The number 8 Vai e Vem bus from Alvor runs to Penina, where the Lagos bus also stops but I don't know where it stops in Penina. Also, the local council does not see fit to publish a timetable for that route so I cannot tell you when it goes!

It's only about 8 miles direct, so a taxi wouldn't cost a fortune especially if there's more than one of you.

You could then go onto Lagos after the market perhaps and catch either the 1600 or 1800 bus back from there to Alvor.

Hope that helps.

Edited: 8:14 pm, September 19, 2010
2. Re: alvor to odiaxere

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:32 am, March 19, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Odiaxere