We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Plitvice to Bled, Slovenia

Michigan
Level Contributor
69 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Plitvice to Bled, Slovenia

Ok I see most recommendations are to go from Plitvice to Bled via Zagreb. But I also noticed one could go to Brosiljevo and take 204, 218, and 216 back to the A 2. Has anyone done this route? Is it much longer? This trip will be in May and we have a car. we enjoy a more scenic route and don't mind a bit longer trip but don't want to take double the time. Thanks for any input!

zagreb
Level Contributor
881 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Plitvice to Bled, Slovenia

Let me offer you two choices:

1. Plitvice - Slunj - Karlovac - Ozalj - Novo mesto - Ljubljana

2. Plitvice - Otočac - highway - Bosiljevo - Novo mesto - Ljubljana

No 2 offers California trout fish meal at Sinac between Plitvice and Otočac and a fast ride to Bosiljevo

No 1 offers old water mills in Slunj and Kupa river vallley between Karlovac and Metlika in Slovenia.

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Plitvice to Bled, Slovenia

Sounds like you're on a topic I'm interested in as well. where do I find timetables or info on how to get from Plitvice to Ljublana. I'd like either the quickest route or one with a stop-over where I can spend a day.

Your help is much appreciated.

zagreb
Level Contributor
881 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Plitvice to Bled, Slovenia

Plitvice bus timeables:

www.buscroatia.com/routes-search/…

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Plitvice to Bled, Slovenia

Thanks much!!!

Michigan
Level Contributor
69 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Plitvice to Bled, Slovenia

Thanks for your input, 1 sounds great with the water mills and river valley. Would it mean taking 505 from Karlovac to Ozalj, then 3098 (cross border) to 662 to Metlika then 105 to Nuvo Mesto? Can you give me an approximate travel time from Plitvice to Bled taking this route?

Thanks again!

karen

zagreb
Level Contributor
881 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Plitvice to Bled, Slovenia

It is three hours of cozy driving but the travel time depends on your stops. Just running through is a waste of time and money.

A cheese and bacon ( sir i slanina + sljivovica) breakfeast in Slunj, visit to the Ozalj castle, lunch in Metlika and coffe'n'cakes somewhere in Ljubljana are the purpose of the trip.

Michigan
Level Contributor
69 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from Plitvice to Bled, Slovenia

That sounds perfect and just what we were looking for ! Just needed to have an idea about the rough time!

Thanks again!

8. Re: Travel from Plitvice to Bled, Slovenia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, April 20, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Plitvica