We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elephant Sanctuary

Which Beruwala hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
2 posts
Save Topic
Elephant Sanctuary

Hi I’m just wondering if anyone can offer some advice on visiting the elephant sanctuary from Beruwala. We’re going in late August/early September and are trying to find the best way to go about it, i.e. do an overnight stay at another hotel or one day trip, and how much we can expect to pay person for the trip.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elephant Sanctuary

Hi,

Welcome to TripAdvisor.

Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage as a one day trip will be a very long day. The drive is about 3.5 hours each way. Car/van with driver/guide will cost LKR 11,000-12,000. Entrance fee is LKR 2,000 per person.

Staying overnight in Kandy you can include the Kandy sites. Tooth Temple (LKR 1,000), Cultural Show (LKR 500) and Botanical Gardens (LKR 800). Car/van with driver/guide will cost LKR 14,000-15,000. A double room with dinner and breakfast will cost LKR 6,000-6,500 in a mid range range hotel in Kandy (after 25 August).

Hans

England
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Elephant Sanctuary

Hi Hans,

Thanks so much for reply...! That's just what I needed, a good all round guide to what I can expect to pay...!

Would you suggest getting in touch with some drivers and sort something out before I go? Or leVe it to see how we get on out there...?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elephant Sanctuary

Hi,

Getting a quote from some guides/drivers before you go is always a good idea. PM me if you want contact details of my usual guide/driver.

Of course you can also wait until you get there, if that suits you better.

Hans

Edited: 4:46 pm, July 06, 2010
4. Re: Elephant Sanctuary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:26 am, January 03, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Beruwala
Recent Conversations