We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mozzies!

Montacute
2 posts
Save Topic
Mozzies!

Can anybody who has visited the Neptune in December let me know if there is a problem with being bitten by mosquitoes? My partner & I are booked to go this year and, being allergic to the little monsters, would like to know if I will need to take the usual repellent & maybe my epi-pen!

Thanks

Debs & Gary

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mozzies!

Hi Debs & Gary,

Usual repellent will help but there isnt much of a threat from mozzies during that time in beruwela.

Regards.

Treshi, Colombo, Sri Lanka.

Stockport, England
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mozzies!

you are most likely to be bitten during your evening meal at the neptune, but as indicated by Treshi, not at that time of year. I would suggest, however, that you always take your epi-pen if you need it, better safe than sorry!

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,463 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mozzies!

Hi Debs & Gary

Just a little addition or so to previous posts, knowing the Neptune layout as i do, and it is mostly outdoors for dining , drinking ect, you really should take precautions NOT to be bitten by these pesky things to start with.

So.... use a good repellent, and the one i use is as good as any, AUTAN, roll on type is best.

Request a candle to be burning at your table, restauraunt and or bar!!.

Also, try to wear dark coloured clothing after dark, mozzies seem to be only attracted to lighter colours..

Rooms should not be a problem, as all are air conditioned, and mozzies do not like the cold!!

Using these little tips, you should have no problems at The Neptune!!

regards

Dave

oxford
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mozzies!

hi

with reference to these little horrors do you have to take malaria tablets and are they prevailent in September ,i have a visioin of a little cloud following me around the Eden Spa they always like me........a little too much

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53,782 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mozzies!

Not at all. Malaria is only existent in the mid-northern and southern plains, aka the Cultural Triangle and southern reserves. Only if you stay overnight there you need to prepare for THAT kind of mozzies. But general preparation against being bitten is always good, think of e.g. Dengue which appears near the large coastal cities and has no vaccin...

Regards,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

6. Re: Mozzies!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, August 13, 2009