We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Which Beruwala hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
stansted
7 posts
Save Topic
weather

can anyone tell me about the weather in beruwela at the moment i have looked on several weather sites but they all give different results i am going in 2 weeks will i need an umberella?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

Hi

The weather in Beruwala area is very nice at the moment. Sunny mornings, more clouds in the afternoon and a few afternoon and evening showers. Even the sea is calmer than usual.

You will probably need an umbrella. You do nearly all year. No need to bring one though, nice and colourful umbrellas are very cheap in SL.

Hans

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,454 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

Hi there...

Weather today not very nice, some early morning rain and very overcast all day so far!

Umbreallas?, well no bad idea to have one, if not for the rain the certainly to keep searing heat of sun away, available very cheaply here so don't bring one.

Regards

Dave

On duty at Heritance Ahungalla, but today at lunch at Neptune in Berewela.

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,454 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

Hi again...

Weather update for you....

Weather today is AWFUL with a capital A, and all other letters too !

Rain, VERY heavy at atimes all day so far and....... even a Tornado passed by the hotel where i am staying in Ahungalla at an allarmingly close distance, so close in fact that i dropped my phone mid call and ran to alert others of impending serious danger, they were simply standing and watching this very rae sight in Lanka.

Thankfully the place this did make land fall was sparsely populated so hopefully no one was hurt or even worse.

Regards

Dave

On duty at a VERY soggy Heritance Ahungalla

stansted
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: weather

is the weather getting worse? any sun at all??????

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather

There has been heavy rain in Beruwala area yesterday and today. Just talked to my friend there.

Hans

6. Re: weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 09, 2009