Hi everyone. Going to the Fortress in February for a well deserved bit of R&R. Just a few questions if anyone can answer for us.
1. What is the best currency to pay for trips with the local TUK TUK drivers?
2. Can you take your own booze in from the local shops? We quite often just like to have a few before dinner etc in our room.
3. Which is the best beach for snorkelling?
4. Any good boat trips and what should we pay for these?
5. Is there a tipping policy, and if so what is recommended? Been to so many places where it is expected on top of the service charges! Never mind tipping but not for the sake of it.
6. Any idea what treatments cost in the Spa?
7. Anyone been to the 'Wine' dining room where the cutlery is glass- looks fab?
8. Average price for bottles of wine?
9. Are there safety deposit boxes in reception and are they individual? Any cost for this?
10. Can helicopter trips be organised easily from the hotel?
11. Is there wifi in the actual rooms or simply the public areas?
12. Average prices for lunch as we are half board anyway so will probably eat at night in the hotel.
Many thanks to anyone if they reply, always better to hear direct from someone than to read old threads.