We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lamai beach

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
422 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Lamai beach

Is the sea always so rough in lamai ? After leaving a beautiful calm sea of kata beach in Phuket , I have come over to lamai beach koh Samui beautiful place but the sea is so rough . I have only managed to go in once for about 5 mins , so disappointed the water is crystal clear but very very rough :-(

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lamai beach

Hi

Jag go over to cheongmon mon beach.

Happy holiday :)

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
422 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lamai beach

Someone said its because the monsoon was late ???

Mansfield
Level Contributor
608 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lamai beach

The beach at Lamai shelves quite quickly into the sea hence the strength of the waves. Added to that Lamai is a very open beach.

At Choeng Mon its the opposite with the beach entering the sea so gently you've got to go 50m before you're waist deep and its a smaller crescent shape restricting a lot of sea currents.

The choice is yours. Personally I like Choeng Mon for lazing about and Lamai for a decent swim, not that I'm that good at swimming!

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
422 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lamai beach

Cheers guys going Tuesday can't wait xx

UK,London
Level Contributor
149 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lamai beach

Hi. Somebody on this website suggested i contact you since you are in Lamai at the moment .me and my friend are arriving to Samui on the10th of February and really want to stay in NEW HUTS bungalows in Lamai. Cant pre-book on any website and cant get through to them on main number .

We always stay there and last time the owners Loi and Noi ( married couple ) gave me the card with their mobile numbers but i lost it :(

We really want to stay there and im appealing to a fellow travellers if somebody can go and book us the bungalow for 5 nights from the 10th. Will be a huge help . You may not even be there anymore but what the heck ? I thought it wouldnt hurt to ask :)

Thanks .

Tanya and Andrea

UK,London
Level Contributor
149 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lamai beach

Hi. Somebody on this website suggested i contact you since you are in Lamai at the moment .me and my friend are arriving to Samui on the10th of February and really want to stay in NEW HUTS bungalows in Lamai. Cant pre-book on any website and cant get through to them on main number .

We always stay there and last time the owners Loi and Noi ( married couple ) gave me the card with their mobile numbers but i lost it :(

We really want to stay there and im appealing to a fellow travellers if somebody can go and book us the bungalow for 5 nights from the 10th. Will be a huge help . You may not even be there anymore but what the heck ? I thought it wouldnt hurt to ask :)

Thanks .

Oh sorry , i meant from the 11th

Tanya and Andrea

7. Re: Lamai beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Lamai Beach
Recent Conversations