We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silver Beach - too quiet?

Dubai
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Silver Beach - too quiet?

Hi,

My husband and I are flying out of Samui and want to end our trip with 5 nights of chilling out on a good beach. We've never been to Samui but know it's a lot more hectic than our usual haunts.....where would you recommend to spend our time? I was thinking Maenam or silver beach. I reckon silver beach looks lovely (I love a good beach!) but am a bit worried it looks too quiet. All we would want are a couple of restaurants to eat on the beach and somewhere to get a drink - does it fit the bill? Also where is the nicest place to stay either there or in Maenam?

Any tips would be appreciated!

Gill.

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Silver Beach - too quiet?

Hi...we found the silver beach to be lovely. But quiet for us. We loved south chaweng beach nice and quiet bech but easy walk to bars restaurants. I think you might like chaweng noi beach very nice short stretch beach quieter with a few places for meals and drinks. If you want more lively you can catch songtheaw to chaweng main area or to fisherman village. Maenam still has a village feel to it the beach are not the best.

Good luck

Edited: 9:43 am, February 21, 2012
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,094 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Silver Beach - too quiet?

Hi

A couple of restaurants and a bar really does sum up Silver beach, fabulos beach!

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,077 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Silver Beach - too quiet?

It is a fabulous beach and we loved it for the reason that it was quiet and had no beach sellers so you could laze around the beach without being disturbed - it's a stunning little beach with beautiful, clear water and white sand, some masseurs under the tree, a couple of bars and beachside restaurants that belong to the bungalows and when we fancied a change we just hopped in a songthaew and went to either Lamai (5 minutes) or Chaweng (10 minutes).

The beach at Silverbeach is nicer in terms of the water and sand than at Maenam, but there would be more choice at Maenam. For a something that might offer both a nice beach and a bit more variety you could check out Choeng Mon Beach, which is a stunning crest of white sand in the north of the island, but has a bit more variety than Silver Beach (including beach sellers).

4. Re: Silver Beach - too quiet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:42 pm, June 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Lamai Beach
Recent Conversations