We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed!

Which Lamai Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Help needed!

We are travelling to Koh Samui in September and have friends staying at Lamai Wanta. Unfortunately there are no villas left there and I have heard the hotel rooms can be noisy.

We were looking at Hotel Mercure Fenix but reports on trip advisor say the beach around there is not good - rocky, shallow etc.

Reports for Renaissance Koh Samui are the same re the beach.

We would love a nice place, on the beach with nice sand and water to swim in.

Please help.

Colleen

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed!

Hi Mate.

Bob calling from the Gold Coast, Qld. If you want a nice beach for swimming with Crystal clear water and white sand you must go to Chaweng beach. My wife and I stay at the BAAN SAMUI RESORT, great location, centre of the action, best part of the beach, close to all restaurants, nightlife, bars ect ect. Check it out, it's great.

Regards Bob.

UK,London
Level Contributor
149 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed!

hi ya..been to Samui few times and Chaweng is best for beaches (or Bhoput side).check out amari palm reef resort,its ace hotel,right on the beach,relatively well priced.:)

Ko Samui, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help needed!

This map shows you which hotels are near each other.

http://www.sawadee.com/map/samui.htm

It is true that Lamai Wanta is on the better part of the beach so you can work out from this where is nearby that might work from you. I haven't stayed but the Pavilion always looks nice when I'm walking on there.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help needed!

Thank you will look at what you suggest

5. Re: Help needed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, January 28, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Lamai Beach
Recent Conversations