We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marina Villa

Which Lamai Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wrocław,Poland
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Marina Villa

I'm going to stay at Marina Villa for a week in August with my family . We booked hotel rooms in a main building, which is, apparently, newly built.

Has anybody stayed there and can give me any info about the hotel?

Thanks for any help

Dublin
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marina Villa

Hi. Myself and my girlfriend are currently staying in lamai.we are finishing our stay off in marina villa.we have not stayed there yet(first day tomorrow) but we went down to check it out.really nice clean place with direct access to a beautiful part of the beach.it's a bit further up the town from the busy nightlife yet it has plenty of restaurants within walking distance.I can update this when we stay there to let you know of service etc. But we are both looking forward to staying there.

Wrocław,Poland
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Marina Villa

Thanks a lot!! i was really looking forward to this post. It seems I made the right choice.

Last summer we stayed at Lamai Wanta, also right on the beach - great place, but they were fully booked.

Are you staying at the hotel building or bungalow?

Please, if you have time, let me know about any details (room, bathroom, pool etc.), I appreciate it very much (as we're going with kids...)

Anyway, thanks again and

have a nice time in lamai!

Dublin
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marina Villa

Hi,

Second day in Marina Villa, and it keeps getting better. We booked in to Marina beach resort right next door in error so make sure you dont do this(dirty rooms, poor service etc). We then moved to Marina Villa, and they were brilliant.

We got a room right beside the pool. All of the rooms are part of a block with three floors. We are staying on the bottom floor, which is the best. Feels really cut off, as they have their own steps and balcony, very private feeling to them. Beautiful rooms, well air conditioned.

Pool is brilliant for families. They have two pools, one a long one for swimming lengths, the other great for the kids. Plenty of loungers to sit around the pool, and direct access to a great part of the beach.

The restaurant is quite good, and surprisingly slightly cheaper than other restaurants we have found on the strip.

Walking distance from the strip, but this place is far enough off the main busy areas of Lamai that it feels so secluded. We were sitting at the pool today, and would not even know we were in Lamai.

If you want any info on tours etc let me know!!

All in all, Marina Villa is the place to go, but book early and be sure to ask for a room on the bottom floow as close to the pool as possible.

All the best

Conor

Wrocław,Poland
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Marina Villa

Hi, Conor,

Thanks for the news from Marina Villa and all the details about the place!

It's really a great help.

Now I'm looking forward to staying there!

By the way , have you been to Bangkok lately?

We were planning to stay there for a few days before going to Samui and I'm a bit worried what's the city like after the riots. I've read some part of the very centre (around Siam Square) was burnt out, including the huge shopping mall I remember from the last year. I just can't imagine that, I think it must be a different city now, with different atmosphere... Maybe it's better to avoid Bangkok and head for Samui right off from the airport...or maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway, it's good that Lamai is still the same! Hope you're having a great time!

Enjoy your holidays, hope the weather is good in spite of rainy season!

All the best!

Agnieszka

Dublin
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marina Villa

We debated about whether or not to come to Thailand because of the troubles, and took a gamble. You would not even know anything was going on. We stayed in Chiang Mai for a week, where there were supposedely riots, burning of town halls etc. When we got there, it was all fine. In fact, the town hall was never burned according to our guide. All a misunderstanding, taken out of context by the news reports.The curfews have been lifted everywhere, and there are absolutely no signs of trouble.

We only stayed in Bangkok a few hours(connecting flight) so i cant give feedback on whats its like as a destination, but in terms of the troubles, its perfectly safe. I think everything has stopped (i know they had a big clean up a number of weeks ago to restore the city). Best bet is to keep an eye on government websites as to the status.

Oh, and if you are looking for a great restaurant in Lamai, Salanthai is incredible. On the main strip, quite close to the mcdonalds(only one in Lamai) and everyone will know it. Bit pricier than other places (about 150 baht for a thai main course) but well worth it.

Conor

6. Re: Marina Villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 16, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Lamai Beach
Recent Conversations