We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zara Beach Resort - Lamai Beach-Samui

UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Zara Beach Resort - Lamai Beach-Samui

Has anyone stayed at Zara before? It looks a pretty nice place, but can't find any reviews on the net about it.

Any thoughts anyone?

Cheers

Bangkok
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Zara Beach Resort - Lamai Beach-Samui

It's pretty new. I think it used to be called something else but was then refurbished. In any case, I was in Lamai this August and it looked very very nice from the beach + I ran into a couple that was staying there and they warmly recommended it.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
93 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zara Beach Resort - Lamai Beach-Samui

I was looking at this place on the internet also. There doesn't seem to be too many pictures of the resort only the rooms. It does say that you have to cross over a river to get to the beach. Does anybody know about this river situation? I wouldn't want to end up staying next door to a dirty river with lots of mosquitoes etc if this was the case.

Thanks!

Kelly.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
93 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zara Beach Resort - Lamai Beach-Samui

I emailed the hotel last week regarding rates and haven't heard anything back yet. Not a good sign I guess.

south australia
Level Contributor
96 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zara Beach Resort - Lamai Beach-Samui

Hope its good, staying there in Sept.

they emailed me same day. Pics look good but not many pics of hotel. think there is just pool, bar, restaurant & 12 villas only.

did you end up staying there???

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
328 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zara Beach Resort - Lamai Beach-Samui

There is a little river, more of an ocean inlet, toward the northern end of Lamai Beach.To walk from that river to the centre of Lamai would take approx. 10-15 minutes. Just checked on Zara its on Moo 4 which is across that stream.Its not too far but maybe when its hot.....

Hope this helps

Mal

6. Re: Zara Beach Resort - Lamai Beach-Samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, September 19, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Lamai Beach
Recent Conversations