We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkelling trip to Khao Yai National Park

Birmingham
Level Contributor
156 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkelling trip to Khao Yai National Park

Hello.

I've seen a tour to Khao Yai National Park on viator.com which my husband and I would really like to do, but I have a (possibly stupid) question to ask anyone who's done this.

The tour says we go on a boat out to the Park and then do kayaking around the park, and then go to see the Emerald Lake, and then back on the boat before stopping somewhere for snorkelling. I'm just concerned about a) leaving our belongings on the boat because obviously it won't be practical to take everything on the kayak, and b) taking photos of the Emerald Lake because it doesn't seem possible to take a camera on a kayak, but then does the tour go straight to the Emerald Lake without a chance to collect the camera from the boat?

Sorry if I'm asking a stupid/unanswerable question but I'm a little confused about it all!!!

thanks in advance.

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkelling trip to Khao Yai National Park

I think you are getting Khao Yai National Park and Angthong Marine Park confused.Khao Yai is a mountainous region with limited snorkelling opportunities!!

Birmingham
Level Contributor
156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkelling trip to Khao Yai National Park

Thanks susquosh. I was looking at two tours at the same time and obviously copied and pasted from the wrong one!

I was wondering why I'd had no replies - lol!

I'll repost now with the correct info!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkelling trip to Khao Yai National Park

Hi there,

My partner and I went on a speedboat tour of Phang Nga bay last year through Simba Sea Trips (from Phuket). I can't recommend them enough, the entire day was fantastic. Geoff and Jenny are amazing.

http://www.simbaseatrips.com/index.htm

At one stage of the trip, we transferred from the speedboat onto a large pontoon-type boat and then into kayaks to explore. Local Thai people rowed the kayaks and we sat at the front of the kayak. We did leave our bags on the speedboat as we felt confident in doing so. The tour operators were Australians who live in Thailand (we are Australian). We made sure before we left for the day that we weren't taking much money with us. We took our money and our camera with us in the kayak and there was no worries about anything getting wet. We were glad that we had money on us at the end of the kayaking activity as we were expected to tip the local Thai people for taking us around. I can't remember how much we gave the lovely young guy who accompanied us but he was very happy with what we gave and in our money, it wasn't very much at all (less than A$10).

Regards,

Shannon.

4. Re: Snorkelling trip to Khao Yai National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 24, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Lamai Beach
Recent Conversations