We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Tavernas in Loutro?

Which Loutro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chania Town, Greece
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Which Tavernas in Loutro?

Does anyone have recommendations for tavernas in Loutro please? The last time I went I liked the one near the far end, not directly on the beach, with lots of vegetarian dishes.

& which is best for fresh fish?

Thanks

almosr
Level Contributor
7 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Which Tavernas in Loutro?

I know that problem only too well!

Saintes, France
Level Contributor
3 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Which Tavernas in Loutro?

We like to spread our business around a little, but over the years we have ended up staying at the Blue House, eating there at least once a day and other times at Notos. Evening aperitif at the upper Porto Loutro as the Daskalogianis comes home to sleep then walk down to eat in the fading sun. Perfect

almosr
Level Contributor
7 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Which Tavernas in Loutro?

Thanks Kit. We have been "removed" to PL hotel on the hill this time, so looking forward to my evening aperitif (or two) next week.

London
Level Contributor
10 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Which Tavernas in Loutro?

Second trip to Loutro and although we have not tried every taverna here are a few thoughts

Blue House is top of our list. Good Cretan specials (they now have a microwave so if you prefer the traditional Greek way of serving food tepid beware). Service is friendly as ever

Stratis. Go say Porto Loutro hotel, then turn left at the kiosk towards Sofia's mini market and follow signs. Sea views and great spit roast pork Very friendly service and huge portions - even the plate of complimentary melon at the end of the meal

Keramos. Final cafe / taverna before the second beach. Good shade although it gets sun most of day. Outdoor grill on terrace so you can see your food cooked. Good for fish based on the grilled sardines we had

To Limani I'd agree with earlier replies, this is not worth bothering with. Service was not friendly - not rude but not what you receive elsewhere. Also grilled meat is average and more expensive than Stratis in our experience

Daskalogiannis. This is a bar (with Coco the parrot, wifi - slow at times and TV screens showing sport) which does drinks all day and breakfast. Blue sofas are perfect for a lazy morning reading with a few frappes / lemonades (or beer and ouzo) and galaktoboureko or ice cream

Edited: 5:33 am, September 15, 2013
15. Re: Which Tavernas in Loutro?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, June 04, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Loutro