We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with independent newbie traveller

Richmond,surrey
Level Contributor
133 posts
28 reviews
24 helpful votes
help with independent newbie traveller

Hi every one

I really hope you can help me

so!! i have only done 2 independent trips before and need as much help as poss on this one

What airport do i have to fly in to from London Gatwick to be able to reach Loutro? exact name, letters would be perfect as i don't want to end up flying into a whole other town or country Ha Ha

Also what bus to take and the name of the port i would be heading to to catch the ferry over to Loutro..

I am thinking of 6 nights in Loutro middle of May and leaving on the 7th day to get ferry back to chania?? with a nights t stay in Chania? so not to miss flight on the 8th day,flight would be around 14:40

As you can prob tell i need all the help i can get and would be very grateful for all the info and you expertise you can give me x:)

27 replies to this topic
Richmond,surrey
Level Contributor
133 posts
28 reviews
24 helpful votes
21. Re: help with independent newbie traveller

Thank you all soo soooooo very much for ll your help,the button has been pressed and we are all booked..I think for our first visit we will just get the ferry back and stay in Chania for our last night as for me it sounds a little easier,when we return i will prob feel more confidant and do the coastal way...i will prob be back on here for more advice nearer the time but again i can not thank you all enough for making all of this so much easier x:)

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
30,056 posts
402 reviews
1,558 helpful votes
22. Re: help with independent newbie traveller

You are more than welcome and ronpon you won your bet haha. Any questions at all just ask away and I am sure the friendly forum regulars and not so regulars will be more then happy to help out with tips and ideas :-)

north wales
Level Contributor
52 posts
11 reviews
7 helpful votes
23. Re: help with independent newbie traveller

For your last night, you could check out the local hostel situation, as they tend to be not far from the transport hubs.

The hostel websites also list small hotels and b&b and list distance from airport.

Just a suggestion.

Richmond,surrey
Level Contributor
133 posts
28 reviews
24 helpful votes
24. Re: help with independent newbie traveller

i am looking in to the last nights stay,i am loving the look of the street you have suggested and Nora looks up our street :)

How long is the bus journey from there to the airport (meaning-what time would we have to leave for a 14:40 plane ride home)?

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
30,056 posts
402 reviews
1,558 helpful votes
25. Re: help with independent newbie traveller

It is a fabulous street and a great location as well. The bus journey to the airport is about half an hour.

Richmond,surrey
Level Contributor
133 posts
28 reviews
24 helpful votes
26. Re: help with independent newbie traveller

Thanks again you have all been so kind and so very helpful

i have booked Anastasia Apartments for our last night so hopefully we will enjoy although to be honest it is only to go to sleep in as we will be out and about in the afternoon/evening

Thank you all again and i am sure nearer the time i will be back seeking more advice ;)

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
30,056 posts
402 reviews
1,558 helpful votes
27. Re: help with independent newbie traveller

Great news and I am sure you will love the location and the reviews are great too :-) https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g…

Reply to: help with independent newbie traveller
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Loutro