We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Codroipo for the week after Christmas

Austin, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Codroipo for the week after Christmas

Hi all,

My husband and I have family living in Codroipo and will be visiting on Dec. 26th for 5 days before heading to Venice. We are looking for advice on the weather, day trips to the mountains (snowboarding?), interesting places to visit in the area, restaurants/bars, and any other tips for a special trip!

Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,735 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Codroipo for the week after Christmas

Tuesday is market day in Codroipo. Don't miss it. Try lunch at Cafe Alpina, and something sweet from the Forno Toso bakery. I would also suggest a visit to nearby Villa Manin, just outside of Codroipo. A very famous villa with 365 windows and a great restaurant, as well as a visit to nearby San Vito de Taglimento, an old walled town. You are about 40 min. to both the mountains and the sea, so you should get to see both. Especially San Danielle, famous for its proscuitto. IThree point Steve should be by soon and should give you some additional information. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Udine, Italy
Level Contributor
396 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Codroipo for the week after Christmas

Hello Daisy, Tutman knows the surroundings better than most locals do ;-) so that his suggestions are always great indeed. Tuesday morning market in Codroipo is usually pretty cool, and so is visiting nearby Villa Manin. If you visit Codroipo, you really can't miss it.

With this said, end of December weather is usually quite cold (with temperatures getting closer, or even below, freezing point), so that I'd recommend you bring (and wear) something warm.

As for the rest, I second the suggestions for San Vito al Tagliamento and especially San Daniele; two nice towns. Within daily driving range, you might also consider the following: Udine, Cividale, Trieste. You could also reach Venice by train. Done that with every friend from overseas. They've all enjoyed it a lot. It's just an 1h30 train ride; definitely worth it IMHO.

As for skying destinations, your best bet would probably be Passo Pramollo, in Austria (you can get there through Pontebba, just outside the highway to Austria). Another nice winter destination within easy reach (another exist, same highway) is Tarvisio. Even closer you have Piancavallo, which features some nice ski runs, even if the landscape is not as nice as for the aforementioned two places.

It shouldn't be hard at all to fill several days around, in the period you mention. So, all I can add is... have fun! ;-)

PS I live exactly in Codroipo, so please feel free to get in touch w/ PM if you need specific info.

Reply to: Codroipo for the week after Christmas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Codroipo