We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tony Kirby - Heart of Burren Walks

Galway, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Connemara, The Burren, Galway, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Tony Kirby - Heart of Burren Walks

I'd highly recommend doing the 2 1/2 guided walk with Tony Kirby. I just did it this morning under a blazing summer sky in the heart of the Burren. I had the most amazing and informative time and it was truly wonderful.

Tony's knowledge is unsurpassed and covers all the historical periods of the Burren. The detail regarding the rare plants and flowers associated with the Burren was an eye-opener. Fantastic value at €20 and he even includes a wonderful verse of poetry as well. For this particular guided walk, we started outside Cassidy's Pub in Carron.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmdaAXuE ---- I shot a few short videos on my Samsung Galaxy.

http://www.heartofburrenwalks.com/

Enjoy the Burren

Mentioned in this post
The Burren
The Burren
672 Reviews
County Clare, Ireland
5 replies to this topic
Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
9,319 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tony Kirby - Heart of Burren Walks

Damian, this is a fabulous post! So many people ask about things "away from the beaten path" - well, here's surely one of them!

I had a look at your videos and Tony certainly comes across as knowing his stuff. And you were so incredibly lucky with the weather, too.

Thank you for telling us about this walking tour. I hope that lots of forum visitors will see this thread and sign up for one of the tours.

County Clare...
Destination Expert
for County Clare, Aran Islands, Bunratty, The Burren
Level Contributor
8,436 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tony Kirby - Heart of Burren Walks

Fantastic post as usual Damian! Great to see the footage of your tour...

Galway, Ireland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tony Kirby - Heart of Burren Walks

Thanks Ferdia35 and Clauds, Tony Kirby's guided walks are the best. Even I learned so much. lol

And as I was heading back to Galway, he asked me to drop off a bunch of his flyers at the Galway Tourist Office. It was a pleasure to do this.

The Burren landscape was amazing today. Great to see so many school kids out and about exploring the landscape too. The Burren is a natural treasure.

Mentioned in this post
Galway
Galway
County Galway, Ireland
The Burren
The Burren
672 Reviews
County Clare, Ireland
Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,393 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tony Kirby - Heart of Burren Walks

Thanks Damian, Tony's walk has been on my to do list for quite a while now.

With your inspiration, I will move it up the list:-)

Galway, Ireland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tony Kirby - Heart of Burren Walks

Bannergirl,

Just do it, it's amazing. Starting now in Carron outside Cassidy's Pub for the summer months. Times are on the website. His knowledge is off the scale and the old Famine cottage is part of the route. The Ledger Graves are remarkable. He'll explain it all as he lives in Kilnaboy so he's practically a local. Although he's originally from Dublin but we won't hold that against him. lol

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Reply to: Tony Kirby - Heart of Burren Walks
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted