We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food around the resort

Sydney
Level Contributor
35 posts
21 reviews
Food around the resort

Am not too keen on the all inclusive package at Naviti Resort. Am happy to eat there but are there other options nearby. In Vanuatu we were able to go into town quite easily.

3 replies to this topic
Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
298 reviews
1. Re: Food around the resort

You can go a la carte at Naviti, but in relation to the main thrust of your question you are a bit isolated.

Have you booked Naviti?

If not have a look at Denarau. Personally this place leaves me cold but with additional restaurants and a choice of the major chain hotels it may just suit you better.

Just a thought!

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
205 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Food around the resort

Denarau gives me a warm fuzzy feeling Basil.........only pulling your leg mate.

Denarau has its appeal to some, sort of like the Gold coast.

People with health problems may feel safer on the mainland being closer to doctors and hospitals.

There are heaps more dining options then you can have on any island cause of the isolation.

Every thing is at arms length and some just don't like the isolation that the islands offer.

On my next trip I am doing both, roll on Friday.

Cheers

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
3 posts
75 reviews
3. Re: Food around the resort

Basil's right, the Naviti Resort (like most of the resorts on the Coral Coast) is somewhat isolated. To be a little more precise, Naviti is around 30 mins on a bus (about 26.5k) to Sigatoka, the nearest town. On the upside, there are some other resorts which are closer and have restaurants where you can book a table - although I can only recommend the Outrigger Resort as it's the only one I've had dinner at. When we stayed at the Naviti we found the food quite good to very good depending on the venue, although I must add that we opted for the all-inclusive package as we were vacationing with teenagers and it was the easy option. There are a-la-carte options available on-site, and I recall the Asian restaurant being very good - and a little more up-market than some of the more relaxed eateries at the resort.

Reply to: Food around the resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Naviti Island