We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GPB - travel 27th April, anyone else going?

Which Saint Philip hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
GPB - travel 27th April, anyone else going?

HI All,

Off to the GPB this next Friday ( V V V Excited) am traveling with my mum, booked an Ocenaview room room but was NOT told by the agent that its up a hill - i have e-mailed the hotel to explain this but really worried we are going to be down-graded to standard afater paying for upgrade, anyone ever had this? can i pay extra when i get there to get the next grade room above oceanview to make sure its ok for my mum?

And is anyone else going to there that week? be nice to say hello to someone other than my mum :-)

Soph

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GPB - travel 27th April, anyone else going?

Sophie - email Amber Kirby at the hotel -akirby@grp.sandals.com.

Explain your situation and I am sure she will do her best for you.

A lot of the Ocean view rooms are up quite a few steps so if your mum has real mobilty problems it will be an issue.

If the offer is a downgrade,then the garden view rooms around the gazebo area are nice rooms and some actually have a sea view. As a compromise I personally would settle for one of these.

I wouldn't accept a standard room,most report that they are quite dingy. We used one to get showered on our last day before flying,it was poor.

They are smaller than the Ocean view rooms.

Edited: 4:50 am, April 22, 2012
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: GPB - travel 27th April, anyone else going?

Thanks for your reply :-)

Will send her an e-mail explaining - fingers crossed its not a standard room that we get.

Thanks for your help, much apperciated.

3. Re: GPB - travel 27th April, anyone else going?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:43 pm, June 18, 2013