We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Pineapple room choice - help please.

Which Saint Philip hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Grand Pineapple room choice - help please.

Hello

I am looking at the Grand Pineapple beach resort for a holiday next January for my good Lady and me and am torn between the Ocean View rooms and paying the extra for a Beach Front room.

Any advice from those with first hand knowledge of either or both would be really appreciated.

I understand from posts that some rooms have been renovated? That there are a number of stairs up to the Ocan view rooms? Are the beach front rooms on 2 levels? and if so, would anyone have views on the advantages/disadvantages of being at ground level or above?

Also, any other observations or reccomendations would be great too.

We love relaxed, fairly informal, friendly resorts with a great beach and good enough food/drink and GP seems to fit?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

Fallston, MD
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Pineapple room choice - help please.

Hi, Andrew ......

Ocean view rooms [Blocks I, J, & K] : Have not been refurbished (except for painting) since constructed in the late 90's. There are 3 levels with the top floor having the most commanding views of the resort and ocean. However, it may well be over 70 steps to get to them, depending upon the block you are in. If you don't mind the exercise, then these may be OK for you. I don't suggest a ground level room in these blocks. You sacrifice the convenience of being within 30 seconds of having you feet in the beach sand and surf.

Beachfront rooms [Blocks B & C] : Have been recently renovated. They are located within a few steps of being on the beach. Each block has 2 levels. Block B rooms have a somewhat private balcony on the upper level. This block is of masonry construction and ground floor units don't get quite as much noise coming down from the upper level as opposed to the Block C rooms which are of frame construction. Upper level Block C rooms share a common balcony to access each room.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Pineapple room choice - help please.

London.....a no brainer,pay the extra and have a beachfront room and ground level....five paces and you are on the beach....fantastic.

I personally wouldn't bother with a tropical waterfront.

Edited: 3:35 pm, February 02, 2012
Jarvis
Level Contributor
81 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Pineapple room choice - help please.

We are currently staying in the Beach Front walk out and love it The rooms here have been redone . The beach front rooms are very big and what is better then to beable to walk straight out on the Beutiful white sandy beach .

London
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Pineapple room choice - help please.

Thanks to all of you for your replies - beach front definitely sounds like the place to be!

I normally avoid the ground floor because of privacy and noise above concerns - what is your experience having stayed in these rooms and would you recommend either of the blocks or any particular room numbers?

Thanks

Andrew

Berkshire
Level Contributor
313 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Pineapple room choice - help please.

Andrew - you have asked the very question I was about to place on the forum! However the extra payment for the various rooms seem so very expensive (when doubled, times 10 nights!) and I was wondering if anyone had stayed in the STANDARD ROOM, as priced in the Hayes and Jarvis brochure. If so, what are they like please, and what do they overlook?

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Pineapple room choice - help please.

Patriciaberks.

Have a look on the travelcity website. We stayed in an ocean view room, which we loved...fantastic views across the beach/sea. Large room , comfy bed and you can have a fridge if requested. I counted the number of steps I took from the swimming pool to our room and I took 94 steps. I enjoyed the walk especially after eating all the lovely food...

We paid £699 per person per week for all inclusive including flights. We thought it was a bargain.

Have a look at their site, it may save you some money

Berkshire
Level Contributor
313 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Pineapple room choice - help please.

How lovely, I did not expect a reply so quickly! I am working my way through Tripadvisor at the moment, and rejecting most of my original ideas! Brochure details, all of them, make every hotel or island sound glorious. Not so when reading about the resorts that 'real' people have actually been there and reported on! You certainly did get a good price - Hayes and Jarvis are quoting £1,679 per person for one week next January! Is the sea calm and rock free and do they have plenty of beds/sunshades on the beach?

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Pineapple room choice - help please.

Patricia - Send me a personal message and I'll send you a site plan re the rooms. It will give you an indication what you can see.

If you are in no rush to book, then wait until mid May - The Mail on Sunday usually run a 2 4 1 offer.

The dates are a bit restricted but if they suit there are massive savings to be had - we have used the deal 3 times including the last two years for GPB.

We paid £2800 in total for 11 nights,beachfront room with premium economy BA flight.

Berkshire
Level Contributor
313 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Pineapple room choice - help please.

will send a pm. Am having such difficulty trying to find somewhere really nice.

Jarvis
Level Contributor
81 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Pineapple room choice - help please.

The room we are in right now is perfect ask for 231