We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go?

Ontario
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go?

Travelling Feb 4th for a week with my husband and two kids(4/6)

Looking for a great place for kids but still authentic and unique. Not too busy, Entertainment for the kids. I love going to new places, but willing to return to a same destinations.

We've been to Mexico (huatuco and Mayan) Jamaica twice, costa Rica (kids are two young for this destination), Bahamas, Dominican My husband would prefer not to return to DR even though it's been 10yrs since we went. And even though we've never been to Cuba we still aren't convinced.

I'd loved to see more of the islands Aruba, Antigua, US virgin island! Grand caymen etc, but price is always a factor

I have the added bonus as an airline employee for airline deals, but that's is only on flight load availability which makes it challenging and risky.

Any help?? Suggestions

Just looked up Varrandah in Antigua, looks gorgeous, but is it enough for the kids?

Bristol
Level Contributor
145 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go?

Hi,

I travelled to Antigua/Verandah Resort and Spa and stayed with my partner but also with friends that had children aged 10-16.

There are not alot of activities for children but they do have a play and some activities for the children to do in the day and they have a small games room. In the evening the entertainment i would say was more for adults as it was normally a band or dancers.

The children in our party didnt stop in the day with the activities by the beach and loved it. Amazing Hotel.

Edited: 2:59 pm, January 30, 2012
Paris, France
Level Contributor
76 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go?

The great thing about the Verandah and it's sister, The St James Club, is that they both have fabulous 'Kids Clubs." The Verandah also has a teen room with Wii. Our daughter thoroughly enjoyed the SJC's kids club as a child and now as a teen, even ventures to play Wii in the Verandah's teen room. Also, new this year at the Verandah is a mini golf course. Lots to do and enjoy at both resorts.

3. Re: Where to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:36 am, March 14, 2013