We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Right here,right now.

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Right here,right now.

Ok folks,my wife and I, along with friends we met last year are 5 days into our holiday.

Calm down....evrything is fine. Ignore the last two reports by the Canadians. There are no marauding cats. There is a family of about 5 cats. They are well fed,friendly things.You only occassionally see them at night.

Alfred Hitchcock didn't base Birds on this place either. Yes they are about in the open air restaurant. Just take the usual precautions.

Anyway, if anybody wants to raise any questions,we'll do our best to get you an answer.

Our honest opinion is that things have improved from last year- see my glowing report entitled 108 square miles of bliss.

Let's make it crystal clear....this place is fabulous value for money.

Ask away but remember we are 4 hours behind UK time and the local rum is mighty strong!

Edited: 7:01 am, November 19, 2011
MILTON KEYNES
Level Contributor
55 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Right here,right now.

Hi Steve

Well Jealous you are back. Have a lovely time. Say hello to Amber for me. Oh and Marvin if you see him.

Big up for Grand Pineapple!!!

Rita

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Right here,right now.

Hi Steve

I have been looking out for a post from you at GPB. Pleased you are having a great time as usual...enjoy that beautiful beach and rum!! :)

Linda

London
Level Contributor
174 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Right here,right now.

on our way there Friday, how's the weather?

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Right here,right now.

JB, the weather is verynice. Typically forNovember we have had a bit of rain.

One heavy storm at night,one biggish storm at 4 pm one day and an odd two minute shower....all to be expected for this time of year. It hasn't affected anything at all.

Checkout timeanddate.com....this site seems tobe pretty accurate for what we are experiencing.

London
Level Contributor
174 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Right here,right now.

excellent, can't wait. Just wanted to know if the evenings are cool enough that i should wear a cardigan ? Thanks

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Right here,right now.

JB, you won't need a cardigan at night. The night temperature is about 72 degrees. The bar area is quite warm.

We have just woken up 8 am local time. There is barely a cloud in the sky....another tough day on the fabulous beach awaits....

London
Level Contributor
174 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Right here,right now.

Thank you, enjoy!

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Right here,right now.

Have you got your favourite room? Is the beach just as you remember it? It changed quite a bit while we were there due to storms out at sea. Has all the seaweed gone now too? Enjoy your hols

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Right here,right now.

We got the room we asked for....five paces to the beach...it is hell out here!

There is a bit of seaweed but it is cleared up by the gardeners....it is no big problem at all.

We all think this is such a great place. We are off to Sandals tomorrow and I'll report back.

We used Marvin off the beach for taxis as we did last year. He is generally 20 US cheaper than the hotel.

On Wednesday we are going to Nelsons dockyard for sundowners and a meal.

We went toHemingways in St Johns on Friday.....superb....lobster surf and turf and mojitos!

Celle, Germany
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Right here,right now.

Steven it sounds like your having a great time! Enjoying reading your updates!