We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grand pineapple to sandals grand antigua

Woodstock, Ont.
Level Contributor
45 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
grand pineapple to sandals grand antigua

i have heard that if you are at the grand pineapple you can go to sandals grand for the day, any idea how much the cab fare would be to do that?We have stayed at sandals grand and would like to go with friends, so they could see it.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
163 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: grand pineapple to sandals grand antigua

GPB to Sandals is not a given, don't 100% count on it. We were told $80 round trip but if you go with a resort trip, they do 2, one early, one late, neither very long. If I recall, 8-12 and 12-4 were the options, sounds like a waste.

Sandals makes you leave there by 5pm no matter what, so you can't have dinner there. If they are over a % booked, you are not permitted to go there at all. On our holiday back at the end of April, they said that they were 90% booked and we weren't allowed to visit. The best option would be to have Marvin take you there, at least you could spend most of the day and probably save money too.

I have contact information for Marvin if you want to contact him and ask him the cost ...PM me.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,125 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: grand pineapple to sandals grand antigua

Is the trip through Sandals included? The ones from 8-12 and 12-4? If so, I think that is a great option! When we visit other Sandals (not in Antigua), we don't spend the entire day there. We go for a few hours and leave. We look around, swim, maybe eat lunch, have some drinks and go. If the trip through Sandals is included, I'd definitely do that!

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: grand pineapple to sandals grand antigua

BSB - the option to go to Sandals is a concession offered by Sandals to GPB- no doubt they want you to see ,'what you could have had'

You book your trip via GPB rection and have to take your hotel card to Sandals.

You get booked in etc.

I would etsonally arrange a taxi via Marvin. We got there for about 9.45 so missed the en masse booking in and left at 5 pm.

Is it worth it? ......I don't think I'd want my full holiday at the place....far too plastic for me.

Did we enjoy it?....yes but we were only there for 8 hours.

Edited: 6:48 am, June 02, 2012
14. Re: grand pineapple to sandals grand antigua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:41 pm, June 17, 2013