We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seasons

Oxford
Level Contributor
268 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
seasons

Hi we are going to Pineapple beach hotel in May next year.Is this known as high or low season.Will all the restuarants be open and whats the weather like at that time of year.Thanks for any replies.

Jo

UK
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: seasons

May is sort of a shoulder season, should be nice weather but who knows really! Most restaurants are open still on the island, by the end of the month a lot will have closed, exceept for the hotel restaurants. However places like the Beach Restaurant and Mama Pasta on Long Bay stay open most of the year but that could change with what is happening with PBH and Sandals/Beaches by next May.

Oxford
Level Contributor
268 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: seasons

We have been reassured by Hayes and Jarvis that nothing is happening at Grand Pineapple now or in the future.Unless you know different ??

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,168 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: seasons

There's nothing happening AT Pineapple. However there is a proposal on the table for a new Beaches resort next door. There's been some quite vocal opposition locally, but the Stewart empire usually manages to get its own way.

UK
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: seasons

It is my understanding that Pineapple is Beaches already, just going to be 'improved and expanded'! by the Sandals group.

Oxford
Level Contributor
268 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: seasons

I had heard this too.Hayes and Jarvis are unaware of this.Please let me know if you hear any any more updates on this.I would be very gratefull.Thanks JO

6. Re: seasons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, October 07, 2012