We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

verandah resort

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
verandah resort

could anyone tell me how much it costs to rent a car and how safe are the roads.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,237 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: verandah resort

I responded to your question on the other thread.....

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: verandah resort

hi bubble we have been to cuba 2 times.cayos once and holguin area,at both places there was'nt nothing to do outside the hotels but by far the holguin playa persquero was the best

13. Re: verandah resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:51 pm, October 08, 2012
Edited: 5:51 pm, October 08, 2012
14. Re: verandah resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:51 pm, October 08, 2012
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
22 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: verandah resort

I am going to Antigua in September and staying at Verandah Resort. What is the difference between the waterview and waterfront? Is the waterview facing the pool and the waterfront overlooking the ocean? Is it worth upgrading to a room that overlooks the ocean? Also, what are the hidden gems of Antigua that one must see. Any help will be appreciated

Fallston, MD
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: verandah resort

There is no ocean frontage at the Verandah. The Waterfront units are built right on the edge of a cliff overlooking Indian Town Creek, which is a beautiful bay. The Waterview units have a semi-obstructed view of the same bay.

Cheers,

Paris, France
Level Contributor
76 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: verandah resort

If you book waterview near the main pool or lover's beach, you will be fine. If you book it near the tennis courts or the adult pool, your view is not so great.

Try to stay in the 250s or 260s for room numbers.

All units face in the direction of the water.

Edited: 2:06 pm, July 19, 2011
Paris, France
Level Contributor
76 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: verandah resort

Best bet is Dollar or Thrifty Rent a Car at the airport. One week is around US$275.

Lions works with hotels directly but is more expensive.

Gillingham, kent...
Level Contributor
221 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: verandah resort

Hey Mccuskerliz, your getting boring now !, just answer the questions that, people want to know.

You have made your opinions clear, if you not going to use the forum to help, then leave ...bonchance

Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: verandah resort

TerryFallston is correct------if I were booking at Verandah I would not pay the extra for a "waterfront" room....it's not like they are beachfront. They are all on a steep embankment so you can't access the water directly (i.e., you can't step onto the beach right outside your door).

Unless it's really, really important to you to have TOTALLY unobstructed views, it seems to me the units one or so rows back have the same basic view for less money. There are a couple of waterfront rooms that face seaward and might be worth it-----but most of the water-facing rooms at the resort look across the bay at a residential neighborhood. It's not ugly, but it's not as nice as the views on the website.

Just one other comment----$94 per day for a car? YIKES!!!! Even for a one-day-rental, that price was out of line. The longer your rental-period, the cheaper it is per-day, but even for one day it shouldn't be more than $55 or so.