We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food

Sarnia, Ontario
1 post
Save Topic
food

I have a few questions about the Verandah - am travelling with my boyfriend 25 years old, food is very important, can you comment on the quality and variety? Is there any entertainment at night? Is there walking grounds? and what are the beaches like for walking?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: food

We were at The Verandah for a couple of weeks at the end of May. In comparison with other 4* hotels we have stayed at in the caribbean I would rate the food as very good.

Seabreezes, the main buffet restaurant did excellent breakfasts (eggs made to order) a variety of salads and hot food at lunch time. Dinner was good and varied, and included theme nights,ie Chinese, Indian and Mexican.

Try to sit under a fan or near the window as it is very hot in there.

Bucaneers is of a good standard and it is nice to be waited on.

The Beach Bar serves the usual fayre at lunch time,( burgers,toasted sandwiches etc) all served with a green salad and fries.

They do open on alternate evenings serving very similar food, probably not as good as the others.

Nicole's was brilliant , well worth the $25 supplement. We ate there on several occasions, the lobster and steak were cooked to perfection.

This is also the only air conditioned restaurant.

The entertainment was ok, mainly bands and steel band music which is more background.

The beaches are not really of any size to walk along,although from the main beach there is a nice walk to Devils Bridge.

Also just outside of the hotel a short walk away is Longbay which is the most beautiful beach.

The grounds are vast at The Verandah but not much to see other than accomodation.

We had a lovely time and can thoroughly recommend The Verandah.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,271 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: food

I would second all that the previous poster has said. If you like walking beaches, then walk out of the entrance and turn right and you can see Long Bay beach, a nice long beach - it has great snorkelling there as well.

We didn't eat too many dinners in the buffet restaurant, we tended to book one of the other restaurants (book at guest services before/after breakfast the day before and you'll usually get your preferred time)

3. Re: food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, October 03, 2012