We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Verandah rooms

Gillingham, kent...
Level Contributor
222 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Verandah rooms

Is the waterfront room worth the upgrade ? and do theses have a mini bar or any drinks in the room ?

4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Verandah rooms

Currently at the resort in a waterfront room and I think it worth it to upgrade. Our view is great. No mini bar or drinks in the room.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,410 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Verandah rooms

I got back from 14 nights in a hillside room and would not spend the amount required to upgrade, but perhaps we were lucky with the view from our room.. We had room 226 and looked out over trees and then the water. If you PM me your email address I can send you photos.

Bear in mind that at the Verandah all rooms are identical apart from the outlook and judge what's important to you. For me, I would rather have spent any extra money on upgrading the return flight to avoid the 1 hour wait at the airport in the heat! We spent very little time on our balcony. We woud possibly have spent more if there was a minibar in the room, but as it was we spent the most time at the beach or in the bar in the evenings.

Level Contributor
62 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Verandah rooms

I would echo kirimist - we had a hillside room and had a view of the sea - not uninterrupted but still a good view. We were also in a good position - between the adult pool and the main pool/restaurants/bar. Some of the rooms are up or steep hills and we thought ours was just right!

There isn't a mini bar in the room - and I personally think they should stock the fridge especially as you are on all inclusive anyway.

4. Re: Verandah rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, June 03, 2012