We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about GPB

England
Level Contributor
168 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Questions about GPB

Hi have just booked two week at GPB in November, is there a spa and if so what are the prices like? Also is there fishing from the beach or sea fishing from the boat. Have all the beachfront rooms been updated?

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about GPB

Thorny - I can answer a few of your questions.

You can fish from the beach, I saw a guy fishing by the rock area of the Tropical Waterfront rooms. He caught 'mackerel size fish'.

you will be able to arrange sea fishing - try this forum searching sea fishing.

A beach vendor caled marvellous Marvin (think Del Boy) will be able to put you in touch with someone.

All the beach front rooms are updated. the 200 block rooms are a little bit bigger thath the 100 block rooms.

We return for our second vsit in mid November.

England
Level Contributor
168 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about GPB

many thanks for answering my questions

Mary

sussex
Level Contributor
68 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about GPB

Hello Steve I wonder if its ok to ask you a quick question please?!

I am thinking of booking this hotel in the next few days and whilst some of the terrible reviews I am taking with a pinch of salt I am a little worried about one thing.

A few reviews have said that in the evenings the karaoke and entertainment in the bar is so loud there's no point trying to talk and there's nowhere else to sit?

Has anyone else found this to be the case? I was hoping for a more relaxed vibe!

Thanks for any help..

ske
SUSSEX
Level Contributor
992 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about GPB

Certainly not my experience of evening entertainment. When we were there hotel was quiet so no problem getting seats.

sussex
Level Contributor
68 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions about GPB

Ah thanks, that really helps, I hate the idea of not being able to have a chat!

Fallston, MD
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions about GPB

Sorry to disagree with the previous poster, but we've gone to the Pineapple for 16 fortnights and I have to agree that the music sometimes is so loud that the only place to have conversation is at a table out by the pool. Chairs and tables out there are very limited.

Cheers,

Edited: 9:01 pm, May 23, 2011
sussex
Level Contributor
68 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Questions about GPB

Hmm, thank you Terry.

I may have to rethink my plans now. I really dont think i fancy endless noise all night.

Thanks again,

Georgina

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Questions about GPB

Georgi....I'll sit somewhere in between the above experiences re the noise....we found it tolerable and as the evenings were so warm we sat in the open air bit by the bar....obviously the closer you are the louder etc....there are a few seating options....there is an alcove near the restaurant that is a bit quiter.All that said it isn't as if you are in an Ibiza superclub.

The entertainment is good fun - starting at 9 ish and ending at 11 ish.

I wouldn't not go to the hotel just because of the perceived noise.

Choice and availabilty of seats depends on how full the hotel is. We are going agin mid November and generally did not have a problem getting a seat roughly in the area we wanted.

Fallston, MD
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Questions about GPB

Georgina ...

I'd say it's only when there are live bands. Karaoke, generally, isn't all that loud. It's not loud each and every night of the week..

Cheers,

sussex
Level Contributor
68 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Questions about GPB

Thank you everyone for your help. I had decided against going but now am rethinking as I May be worrying too much about noise, you have a point about it not being Ibiza!

The Maldives have spoilt me for peace and quiet!