We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in September

wales
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather in September

I am looking to go to Jolly Beach in early September for 2 weeks, what is the weather usually like this time of year? Is the resort quieter in September due to the new school year starting?

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Antigua
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in September

Very very quiet in September throughout the Caribbean in general. As it is low season the rainy season and the height of the hurricane season and many hotels and restaurants are closed from a month to as long as 5 months. June through October.

Saying that the weather can be spectacular the seas warm and calm but very quiet. Always best to make sure you takeout a good travel insurance policy to be safe. HTH

Regards

Mark.

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in September

Wella - I would add to Photoman's post that a hurricane has not hit Antigua for a long time - notwithstanding you are at greater chance of storms and rain in general inthe obviously called 'rainy season'

Cambs Uk
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in September

Do you know if it rains more at night or evening . Or are they short showers in the day or constant rain. I have booked for September too.

4. Re: Weather in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, February 09, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Bolans