We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Needed ! Approximate costs needed if possible......

Which Bolans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help Needed ! Approximate costs needed if possible......

Hi

This time next week hubbie and I will be checking into Cocobay and can t wait !! We are just trying to work out our spends and wondered if anyone coud give us any tour recommendations and also any approx. costs on any of the below -

1) A meal at dennis's with cocktails

2) A round the island tour and we are quite interested in the rainforest ziplinning and stingray city

3) Shirley Heights on a Sunday

4) Creole lobster cruise

If people could also let us know if you can pay on card or in EC cash that would be great

Thanks for any help x

St. John's, Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Needed ! Approximate costs needed if possible......

Check Antiguanice.com - As they have menus, as well as links to almost everything you asked for.

Off the top of my head, I believe that entry to Shirley heights on a Sunday is 8 US/20 EC? And you can only pay in cash here, not on card.

As I said, the rest of the information you should be able to easily find on Antiguanice.com - as I know there is comprehensive information on menus and tours that you're asking for

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Needed ! Approximate costs needed if possible......

1) A meal at dennis's with cocktails - Likely in the range of $40-$60 for 2 people.

2) A round the island tour and we are quite interested in the rainforest ziplinning and stingray city - Can't remember any prices, but we did the Extreme Circumnavigation Tour which includes Stingray City and the Zipline and enjoyed both.

3) Shirley Heights on a Sunday - Again, I can't remember the price but it wasn't expensive. Also didn't think it was that great. Nice view, though.

4) Creole lobster cruise - Don't know anything about this one.

If people could also let us know if you can pay on card or in EC cash that would be great - either for most things.

Barcelona
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help Needed ! Approximate costs needed if possible......

Hello,

also could you confirm if these prices are quoted in exd (eastern caribean dollar) or usd?

We are booking into the cocobay in two weeks and very excited. When I look at all the various websites to look at the different excursions and trips we want to do I can see the prices but the sites don't seem to say if the prices are quoted in exd ( eastern caribean dollar, which I would expect) or in usd (for the benefit of tourists).

Any clarification would help althoutght we have already ordered our exd currency so hopefully that will be ok.

Many thanks

:)

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help Needed ! Approximate costs needed if possible......

The price I quoted for a meal at Dennis' was US/Canadian. You will see both US and EC prices in Antigua - often both at tourist spots. Most websites will state which one they are quoting. If they don't, I guess you would have to email them to find out. Overall, we found most things priced very similarly to home (which for us is Ontario, Canada).

Barcelona
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help Needed ! Approximate costs needed if possible......

Thank you, we have our currency now, i was just trying to get an idea on costing as there is a big rate differance between gbp/usd vs gbp/exd. But it will be ok as we will have our debit cards if needed. So looking forward :)

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,803 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help Needed ! Approximate costs needed if possible......

Don't buy EC$ in the UK - the rate is atrocious.

Either exchange sterling at the bank (there are a couple pretty close to you at Jolly Harbour) or withdraw with your debit card either from the ATM (ECAB bank at Jolly is good for this) or over the counter at the bank - you just need a passport or driving licence as proof of ID.

Barcelona
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help Needed ! Approximate costs needed if possible......

Thanks mizgeorge, that's good to know, unfortunately we have already changed some gbp to es$ we got a rate of 4.07. We will get the rest when we are there, cannot wait it all looks so nice :)

Scotland
Level Contributor
35 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help Needed ! Approximate costs needed if possible......

if you are flying out to Antigua from London Uk with Virgin, then they will give you vouchers to get into Shirley Heights on sunday free. You just have to pay for transportation - most of the hotels have this organised with lots of folks going.

9. Re: Help Needed ! Approximate costs needed if possible......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:43 pm, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Bolans