We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gay friendly question

Which Bolans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Gay friendly question

So my girlfriend and i are planning a trip to Antigua and i just want to know how much of an issue is it being a lesbian out there.. i know its more shun upon when you are a man and gay in the Caribbean but how bad would it be for 2 women who can be fairly conservative if needed...

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Gay friendly question

My partner and I are headed to the Cocobay resort in Bolans in July? We as well heard and read horror stories of how gay people are treated in Antigua. Anyone been to Cocobay that is gay? I am a bit concerned because it is a very couples oriented retreat. Thanks for any info.

St. John's, Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Gay friendly question

@pmlv72 What horror stories are you referring to? I can't really remember any tourists getting much grief about it.

As long as you practice common sense, and don't show too much PDA in public, then I'm sure you'll be fine?

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,834 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Gay friendly question

One of my gay friends rates Cocobay as his favourite place to stay on any of the islands. I think that says it all.

14. Re: Gay friendly question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, June 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Bolans