We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jolly Beach - Lobby Bar? Activities if it rains all week...

Toronto
Level Contributor
130 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Jolly Beach - Lobby Bar? Activities if it rains all week...

My friend is going to Jolly Beach resort on Sat., Aug. 20th and is concerned about the weather forecast (rain every day, not much sun in sight...) Does anyone know if they have a covered lobby or gathering place for guests to sit and have a cocktail, or will he be stuck in his room all week? I told him not to worry, but he's concerned.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Jolly Beach
Jolly Beach
142 Reviews
Antigua
UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jolly Beach - Lobby Bar? Activities if it rains all week...

Forget the weather forecast. It will always show that it's raining in the Caribbean. Partly because the land areas are just too small for accurate forecasting, and partly because of the use of historical data, where if one drop falls anywhere on the island, it's considered 'raining'.

There could be occasional showers - it's that time of year - but there are plenty of options. Go for a swim - he won't get any wetter and the water always feels especially warm when it's raining. There are plenty of covered areas to take refuge, or just head off resort to another part of the island - it's not usually raining everywhere. In fact, it can often be raining on one side of the house and not on the other.

For a good forecast - try http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=52075

For a picture of what's actually happening, check meteo.fr/temps/…animMOSAIC2.html - Antigua is the rough edged more or less round island due north of the butterfly shaped island of Guadeloupe.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Antigua
Antigua
Antigua and Barbuda
Guadeloupe
Guadeloupe
Caribbean
County Durham
Level Contributor
119 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jolly Beach - Lobby Bar? Activities if it rains all week...

Hi me and my boyfriend are flying out on the same day to the same hotel so tell your friend we'll be in the same boat is him lol :)

Toronto
Level Contributor
130 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jolly Beach - Lobby Bar? Activities if it rains all week...

Thanks MizGeorge and Little Claire, that's what I told him but thought he would feel better if he heard it from others.

Someone else told me that when you check the weather report they really can only forecast for the next day, anything longer and they say rain because it is the rainy season.

I'll tell him to watch for you at the bar Claire - their names are Paul and Faye.

Cheers!

County Durham
Level Contributor
119 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jolly Beach - Lobby Bar? Activities if it rains all week...

We are claire and darren we'll keep our ears open for their names lol :)

5. Re: Jolly Beach - Lobby Bar? Activities if it rains all week...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 12, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Bolans