We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed at Tranquility Bay Resort?

Which Bolans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
asheville
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone stayed at Tranquility Bay Resort?

what is there to do near there walking distance? what was it called before?

purley
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone stayed at Tranquility Bay Resort?

It used to be called jolly beach suites i dont know why they renamed it seems a bit silly to me tbh and quite confusing if you are trying to look up old reviews, but the suites are really lovely we stayed in a 2 bed jacuzzi suite in november, its on a really gorgeous beach and within walking distance you have jolly harbour with supermarket chemist coffee shop and several bars and restaurants

Staten Island, NY
Level Contributor
52 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone stayed at Tranquility Bay Resort?

Just got back. This was previously name Jolly Beach Vacations which is a timeshare property located next to Jolly Beach Resort and Spa. According to management, there seemed to be some issues with both of these properties so they are renaming the timeshare property Tranquility Bay. There are only 8 suites with a jacuzzi. The rooms themselves are way outdated. Dont expect flat screen tvs, only small ones which you can hardly hear. The kitchen looks like someone hand built the cabinets, no draws, no dishwasher..not a typical timeshare property I was accustomed to, in fact had no rating in my sons Interval Int'l book, LOL. I was just going with my girlfriend for a relaxing getaway not one that I would book if I was going with my husband. It served its purpose: got away from the snow and relaxed!! Thank g-d we rented a 4x4 so we travelled to diff. beaches. Feel free to contact me...BTW love Asheville!

purley
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone stayed at Tranquility Bay Resort?

I didn't think they were outdated at all they are only a few years old, and our kitchen had drawers and the tv's were fine not flatscreen but then i dont go on holiday to watch tv so not a major issue for us, i understand they are updating the suites and the new one they have done looks fab, the balcony in the jacuzzi suite is also huge and a nice place to chill out

4. Re: Has anyone stayed at Tranquility Bay Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 27, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Bolans