We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cocos versus CocoBay

Which Bolans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Georgia, US
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Cocos versus CocoBay

I am looking for a nice, fairly quiet (and not too large place) for our honeymoon coming up. I have looked at a few islands... one being Antigua. I keep reading about several places including Cocos and CocoBay...

Can anyone tell me which they would recommend and why?

We like good food, a nice beach that is not overly rough, some seclusion (doesnt have to feel like we are the only two on the planet... but at least not like I have to be up at 6 am to get a lounger), and some place that will be memorable.

Thanks in advance

Nick

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cocos versus CocoBay

Hello and congradulations.. We just came home from 2 weeks @ Cocos.

During our stay at Cocos, we spent some time with a couple staying at Cocobay on the Creole cruise lunch and I have to say that Cocos tops Cocobay.

Smaller resort with 5* service. Great beach... no lounge chair roulette.. GREAT FOOD and excellent rooms.

Our room looked over at cocobay resort. Cocobay is very similar but I liked the smaller resort.

The other couple said they chose Cocobay because of the plunge pool but confessed they didn't really use it ... you really don't spend time in the room when the beach is so fantastic.

Remember that Cocos rooms are uphill and if this is a problem with mobility then you should choose Cocobay. But that would be the only reason in my opinion.

Hope this helps... let us know what you choose

Kelly

Kent
Level Contributor
247 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cocos versus CocoBay

I too had this same question in my mind. I opted for Cocobay in the end after reading the reviews. They are both fantastic propeties and I dont think you can go wrong with either but the infinity pool at Cocobay won it for me.

I have booked two weeks, one at cocobay and may do the second week at Coco's.

Lincoln, NE
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cocos versus CocoBay

from the research we did before our honeymoon, either way is a good choice.

we picked cocobay because it was a bit bigger and I believe we got a better price. I can only talk about cocobay since we stayed there and not coco's. I would be biased opinion.

You would have more options at cocobay but coco's is just a hair closer to Jolly Harbour.

New York City
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cocos versus CocoBay

Going to Coco Bay for our honeymoon, originally wanted Cocos, but turns out they were fully booked, so they offered Coco Bay. Any thoughts if you've returned from your trip?

suffolk
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cocos versus CocoBay

sorry cocobay for me too couldn't fault if in any way . Cocos across the bay looked very rundown compared to it .

Only judging by looking at it from Valley Church beach so the back end of it .

And at cocobay you get the choice of Valley beach ,small ffreyes and big ffreyes .

Not sure about the loung chair roulette mentioned as didnt find it !

Infinity pool ,plunge pool if you want it,we did , and the best All inclusive food Ive ever found .

Only buffet twice a week the rest is wait to be shown your table and waiter served a la carte type menu .

Mr Gore is a LEGEND look out for him .

Turquoise sea and soft white sand .... But I am biased havent stayed at cocos .

6. Re: Cocos versus CocoBay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 29, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Bolans