We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OK for a single lady at Jolly Beach?

london.uk
Level Contributor
8 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
OK for a single lady at Jolly Beach?

I have a weeks holiday to take and I want to escape the freezing weather in England - partner is working too hard - unlucky him

would it be safe for a singe women ?and would I have some fun?

Iam nervous of going such a long way -would like to see Stingray city and love diving/snorkelling but apart from that wont be going out on my own too far.

dont have any flash jewellery!

horsham
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OK for a single lady at Jolly Beach?

when are you going?

Edited: 10:58 am, January 25, 2010
london.uk
Level Contributor
8 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OK for a single lady at Jolly Beach?

havent booked yet - but looking to go Feb/March

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,227 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: OK for a single lady at Jolly Beach?

JBR is a fantastic choice for solo travellers. No room supplements on supersaver rooms, very safe resort, and usually a few other solos around (as well as families. Not too 'coupley' at all.

I'd thoroughly recommend taking the Adventure Antigua eXtreme tour - great way to see Stingray City and take in some excellent snorkelling at the same time, and again, usually a few solo travellers on there.

You'll find plenty of offers of 'company' from some of the bwoys on the beach - but they're easy enough to ignore, and won't come onto the property itself.

There are always plenty of nice people around at the bars, and there's entertainment most nights as well.

I'd have no hesitation in saying go for it!

london.uk
Level Contributor
8 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: OK for a single lady at Jolly Beach?

Thanks for taking time to reply - can say a polite no thanks to beach guys but will stay in resort if on my own - so yeah got to get away so cold here! and jolly beach is a good deal - no single supplements.

South Central PA
Level Contributor
131 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: OK for a single lady at Jolly Beach?

My wife and I will be there 2/27 to 3/6. If you go then you can have a drink or two with us and hang!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: OK for a single lady at Jolly Beach?

Hi - I went with two other single female friends and we had a great time. We did get chatted by the Antiguan men but they were much more polite and charming than when we have been chatted up at home!

We did say to each other that they should run courses for english men!

I would be perfectly happy going back on my own.

Hope you have a fab time T

Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: OK for a single lady at Jolly Beach?

HI: My husband & I will be there from 3/14 til 3/22. We are going here for the first time, also to get away from the cold. You are more then welcome to have a drink with us or have a dinner together if you will be there then. Either way, I hope you have a GREAT time!!

Edited: 6:28 pm, January 29, 2010
Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: OK for a single lady at Jolly Beach?

For sure..just stay on the beaten path...check in with folks you meet up with like bar people and tell them if you are going to the loo...there are some sick people on that island..every island, every city and town..do the same you would back home and be safe. Do not become too friendly with the male vendors or they will become a PIA. If you can splurge go to Blue Waters..I prefer it for single gals who don't want the noise and bustle of JB.

New York
Level Contributor
38 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: OK for a single lady at Jolly Beach?

This past summer I went to PC by myself for a week, and at times I was a little nervous there. After being in Antigua last week, I can honestly tell you I would have felt much safer solo in Antigua. As member said it pays to have caution no matter where you go, even at home. In fact we did meet up with a nice young woman who was there by herself. She was having a wonderful time, and is still there. Lucky her, 2 weeks in Antigua ; )

Edited: 6:26 pm, February 04, 2010
london.uk
Level Contributor
8 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: OK for a single lady at Jolly Beach?

Thanks for taking time to reply.

There are lots of nice people out there.

Get answers to your questions about Bolans