We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursion? Want both sea and island tour in 1 day

Which Bolans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, Canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Excursion? Want both sea and island tour in 1 day

Going to Jolly Beach resort early Feb. Would love to pick an excursion that includes a tour of some of the island as well as some good snorkeling all in one day. I am not so good with being on a boat for really long periods of time so prefer to mix land and sea if I can. I am told that it is cheaper to book my excursions on my own from home than to pick the ones the hotel/Air Transat will offer from the resort. I hear good things about Tropical Adventure Tours. Like the tour for Island Safari and Sting Ray City but it is only offered on Saturdays and as we leave on Sunday, I like to relax the day before departing. So if anyone can give me good suggestions on best excursions/tour operators

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursion? Want both sea and island tour in 1 day

Do yourself a favor, rent a car and set your own pace, it's a great friendly island.

Sandbanks uk
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursion? Want both sea and island tour in 1 day

There are a number of large cats, which travel around the Island, usually stopping for a swim and lunch, however your are on the boat most of the day. They are great fun but you do need good sea legs for the atlantic coast.

My personal recomendation would be Creole Cruises it starts from the marina next to your hotel and ends back there. you are with a small number of guests and the lobster lunch is cooked fresh in front of you on the beach at Bird Island. worth a look at its top listing on Trip Advisor.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursion? Want both sea and island tour in 1 day

Thanks for the good advise. I will look in to Creole Cruises. We are looking at booking a chopper tour of Montserrat and their office is in Jolly Beach also so I imagine it is near the marina (pharmacy/bank) Does Creole Cruises have an office in Jolly Beach?

Sandbanks uk
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursion? Want both sea and island tour in 1 day

Hi

They are a small family business and work mostly via the net.

The boat is moored in front of Milini's Restaurant, which is 2 mins from the Helicopter office.

just give them a call or mail them with any questions.

Enjoy the helicopter its a great experience

Maryland
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursion? Want both sea and island tour in 1 day

I just returned from Jolly Beach Vacations on Saturday. We booked a tour with a wonderful gentleman named Lennox for a private drive around the island and a sailing excursion to Bird Island with lunch and a hike up to the top of the island on treasure island tours. They pick you up at the Jolly Harbor just a 5min walk from the resort. We had a great experience both days. Lennox was very kind and informative. We hit all the major tourist areas and a few beach side bars as well as stopping at the stingray excursion, and the rainforest ziplines, Shirley Heights, Devils bridge, Betty's Hope. You can reach him at the booth in front of Castaways Restaurant at Jolly Beach, go north across the bridge on the beach to find him. And look for my friend Anna Lisa, thirteen years old, selling jewelery on the beach. Have a great time, and take lots of sunscreen.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excursion? Want both sea and island tour in 1 day

Thanks for the great advice.

Sounds like you did the helicopter tour to Montserrat. What did you think of it. Worth the 250????

7. Re: Excursion? Want both sea and island tour in 1 day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 15, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Bolans