We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast in Phu Quoc

Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast in Phu Quoc

Hi all,

Planning to spend 5 days in Phu Quoc in mid November and trying to organise accommodation. I know food is cheap in Vietnam but am not sure whether to book accommodation with breakfast or without - the difference is upwards of $250. Does anyone know a general price for a buffet breakfast at the resorts (eg La Verandah, the Shell)? I've looked on their websites but can't find any information.

Thanks

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
9,758 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast in Phu Quoc

For $250 I will fly there myself and make you scrambled eggs on toast.

A Vietnamese breakfast of Pho (noodle soup) will set you back $1.25 to $2

A Continental breakfast around $3

A western breakfast around $4 to $6

Le Veranda is French up market and so the skys the limit.

The prices I quoted were for the French Bistrot on the lane heading to Le Veranda.

UK
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast in Phu Quoc

An extra $50 per day for breakfast?

You could save yourself enough cash to cover your other meals and activities on PQ, by booking the room without breakfast, and then, and this is the cunning bit, book ANOTHER room somewhere else for less than $50 per day where you get free breakfast....

Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast in Phu Quoc

Thanks heaps for the replies. You have definitely made the decision easy. Room only it is! Thanks again

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast in Phu Quoc

If you are staying at Long beach just wander up and down the beach until you find somewhere suitable. Plenty of options, and sooo cheap. Otherwise, head into Duong dong town for some local Pho or Bun cha, awesome.

Mark

Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast in Phu Quoc

Thanks Mark. Great advice - I think we will try both options.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast in Phu Quoc

Just back from a stay at La Veranda and their breakfast is awesome, and included in the room rate. Not even sure they do a room-only option.

Australia
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast in Phu Quoc

I booked at La Veranda recently and the breakfast was extra on top of the room rate for about $17.50 USD per person per night. Haven't stayed there yet so I can't tell you what it is like!

8. Re: Breakfast in Phu Quoc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, January 29, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Duong Dong