We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from airport to Sunset Crest

1 post
Save Topic
Getting from airport to Sunset Crest

My wife and are arriving 4.00 pm is there a bus that will take us from the airport directly to Sunset Crest or would we have to change buses somewhere

5 replies to this topic
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,181 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from airport to Sunset Crest

NigelRef

Yes, around 5pm on weekdays during the day of weekends you can get the Speightstown Bus right outside the airport. You'll have to walk from Arrivals straight across the car park to the TO CITY bus stop. Take the first Speightstown bus that comes along. This will take you to Sunset Crest in about 45 minutes or so, but this will be dependent upon traffic.

Additionally, you can take a Bridgetown bus, BUT, you must ensure with the driver that he is taking the route to Oistins. Alight at Oistins and take a Speightstown bus from there which will depart every 30 minutes. Once again, you MUST ensure that he is taking the route along the West Coast and not on the ABC Highway. This will add another 30 minutes or so to your journey.

Alternatively, if you find the wait to be too onerous, return to arrivals, speak to the taxi dispatcher and take a taxi. The taxi will cost $58 BBD or $29 USD to Sunset Crest.

Regards

Edited: 12:32 pm, January 06, 2012
London, Canada
Level Contributor
357 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from airport to Sunset Crest

I would definitely suggest taking a taxi - it's well worth the cost. The bus from the airport is the local bus and it will be full to capacity as it makes it way to Sunset Crest. Local workers are heading to and from work and managing your luggage will be a challenge. I love the local buses, but you'll enjoy it much more when you're not tired after a long trip and anxious to get settled. JMHO!

Portsmouth, Dominica
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from airport to Sunset Crest

That bus ride is a bit long ... but you will see a lot of the island .. well, the road anyway.

That direct bus is not worth waiting for ... it may never show. Just go to Oistins (ask) and then change there. It is fool proof. I waited for 1 1/2 hours for that bus ... I only had to go to Oistins ... LOL.

Anyway have a great trip.

Portsmouth, Dominica
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from airport to Sunset Crest

BY the way ... a really great beach without too many touts is the one at Speightstown that is in front of the Marina there. It has a reef and great swimming. Very quiet, very nice. Easy to walk to ... can't remember it's name though. It is right in front of the beach condos.

Edited: 10:33 am, January 07, 2012
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,181 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from airport to Sunset Crest

Manicou

Port. St Charles Beach

Regards