We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with holiday choice

Bulkington
Level Contributor
108 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Help with holiday choice

Hi can anyone help ??

I am hoping to book to go to Mauritius at the end of Feb choices for the price i want to pay are :-

Pearle Beach, Wolmar

Pointe aux Biches

Ambre hotel, Belle Mare

Jalsa Beach, Lafayette

Does anyone know any of these resorts and hotels?? which is best for us do you think ??

we are a 40ish married couple looking for a nice relaxing holiday/break from work with good food and a nice beach but ideally with a bit of decent entertainment in the evenings

I would welcome any feedback from well travelled visitors as this will be our first time in Mauritius and so we want to make the most of it if we can

Look forward to hearing from you all

Thanks

Clare Xx

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
42,031 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with holiday choice

Hi Clare,

I've stayed at Ambre, though a while ago, and visited the others.

Ambre is on the east coast and has a good beach, but it gets mixed reviews and I found the food a bit hit and miss. Note the east is a bit isolated.Its part of Apavou hotels. Its classed as 4* but in reality is more 3*.

www.apavou-hotels.com

Pointe aux Biches is a nice modern 3* in the north west within easy reach of Grand Baie. Its contemporary and comfortable, but rooms a bit small. On a bus route. Beach not as good as Ambre.. Part of Veranda group:

www.veranda-resorts.com

Jalsa Beach is a newish hotel in a very isolated position at Post Lafayette. Superior rooms are nice with CD player etc.

Pearle Beach is a renovatred 3* at Wolmar and right in the centre, with shops an bus stop just outside. It backs on to the main road so may be noisy at times.

Close to Flic en Flac and all its amenities. Nice but smallish rooms. with contemporary furnsihings.

www.pearle-beach.com

If you want entertainment I would look at Pointe aux Biches and pearle beach as these are closest to resort towns.

I would trawl through the recent reviews of all these and compare them.

Regards

Bronia

2. Re: Help with holiday choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:31 am, July 03, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Poste Lafayette
More Poste Lafayette Topics