We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Cape Panwa

Which Cape Panwa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do in Cape Panwa

Hi, we are currently staying at the Cape Panwa Hotel and just wanted to share a few thoughts for people considering a stay here.

The hotel is lovely - great rooms, breakfast, pool and beach. Very friendly staff. It is a wee way out of the main centres, but there are several options for travel. The hotel itself runs shuttle buses to Phuket town, Patong etc. We caught the hotel shuttle to Patong, as it had an 11.30pm return, but we've also taken the local bus (30 baht) to get to Phuket town, a tuk tuk (300 baht) from Phuket town and a taxi. Today we hired a taxi for 7 hours to drive us around a variety of places we were keen to see and only paid 1000 baht for the entire time.

There a number of good restaurants in Panwa - all very reasonably priced. We like Sawadee down on the waterfront and Seabreeze, which is halfway up the hill.

There is also a fantastic little massage place - Sabai Massage that is also half way up the hill. This is run by a young lady and her mother. The prices are very reasonable and they are super friendly and accommodating - we've been there every day for a massage! They also do laundry at 80 baht per kilo and have introduced us to some of the local delicacies. I'd really recommend you visit this wee business and try their back massage and/or thai massage. My partner had a hot herbal compress yesterday and its done wonders for his back.

If you're wondering about the weather at this time of year - we have now been here just short of a week and only seen one short (but impressive) rain storm. Apparently this weather is quite typical of this time of year.

Don't forget insect repellent!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
318 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in Cape Panwa

Thanks for the info! Will keep in mind the little Sabai Massage place !

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in Cape Panwa

Insect repellent eh? How bad are the bugs right now?

Also, who did you hire for your driver? I am there next week (at the Radisson) and would like to hire a driver to take us around for a day to see some of the island.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do in Cape Panwa

Mr Ola is very good and who I always use tel 081 569 0588 he is also licensed as a tour driver.

Julie

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do in Cape Panwa

Hi there, I m visiting cape panwa hotel tis weekend and curious about the 11.30pm return shuttle. Where do u take them from? Where u drop off?

Thanks

Valerie

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do in Cape Panwa

Thanks Julie - do you have any idea what he charges for a day?

What's the car like?

Level Contributor
75 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do in Cape Panwa

Can I ask if you felt safe on the local bus?? I am travelling in April with my 11 year old daughter and just want to make sure it would be safe for us?

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to do in Cape Panwa

Lexben

His day rate is 1,600 THB. His vehicle is nice and clean also has a mini bus.Tell him you heard about him on TA. His english is very good ,safe driver and he is very helpful. He will also do half days what ever you want.

Julie

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Things to do in Cape Panwa

Local bus is safe pick up at Aquarium not always so frequent

9. Re: Things to do in Cape Panwa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 13, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Cape Panwa