We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent help needed, radisson blu hotel and diving.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
185 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Urgent help needed, radisson blu hotel and diving.

Hi,

we are looking at going to the radisson blu hotel in may, we have to stay here as we are using our club carlson points,

however the sole reason for our trip to phuket is so my husband can dive,

can anyone please tell me if there are any dive operations that will collect him from the radissson blu hotel, and take him diving each day?

any help will be great, as I dont no the area at all.

we will not be hiring a car, so he really needs a dive company that will collect him

many thanks in advance

UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent help needed, radisson blu hotel and diving.

Hi Aladacoop, we have stayed in the Cape Panwa area many times (2 or 3 times a year for a number of years); about 5 minutes drive from the Radisson. Sea Bees (www.sea-bees.com) is probably the biggest, and most professional dive operator in Phuket, and also works very closely with most, if not all, of the hotels in the Cape Panwa area, inlcuding the Radisson. We have often been in their pickup with customers from the Radisson.

On a "2 dive day", they would pick you up at around 08:15, and drop you back around 5pm. Breakfast and lunch on board. They also have 3 dive days and on a Sunday, a 4 dive day, inlcuding a night dive. The 3 and 4 day dives are obviously a bit longer.

If you email Hilla at info@sea-bees.com, she will be able to give yopu any info you want, make any bookings etc. The boats are ones that a non diving partner can also go on; plenty of space, indoor, sun deck, bar etc. Usually a good mix of Brits/Germans + various other nationalities.

We have dived with them many times (wife, daughter and I) and had a great time. Our daughter went from Bubble Maker to Rescue Diver with them.

Enjoy your holiday in Cape Panwa.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,599 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent help needed, radisson blu hotel and diving.

See Bees is a very professional german outfit with nice boat(s)..sightly more expensive but you do get a good product in return.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent help needed, radisson blu hotel and diving.

(Nearly) all DC's on Phuket can help you with this, and they all will charge a surcharge for pickup from Panwa.

Steven from phuket-scuba

UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent help needed, radisson blu hotel and diving.

I am pretty certain that the pick up from the hotels in the Cape Panwa area is inlcuded in Sea Bees standard price, but you can obviously check with them. Have never known for them to charge for pick up except perhaps for hotels in the North of the island.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Urgent help needed, radisson blu hotel and diving.

"I am pretty certain that the pick up from the hotels in the Cape Panwa area is inlcuded in Sea Bees standard price,"

No, it is not.

Of course when they know where you're staying they'll quote including the surcharge.

UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Urgent help needed, radisson blu hotel and diving.

If you say so?

However the price they quote is the same as when we have stayed in Chalong, Cape Panwa etc; as well at that quoted at the Birmingham Dive Show, their printed price list etc.

If the original poster is interested, they can get a quote from Sea Bees and decide themselves.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Urgent help needed, radisson blu hotel and diving.

Just checked and you're right, Cape Panwa is the exception for which Sea Bees does not ask a surcharge. This means that from Cape Panwa Sea Bees will still be more expensive for a comparable trip on another boat, but not by much, including equipment rental by about 400 Baht per person for a 3 dives trip, excluding equipment rental by about 200 Baht.

Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Urgent help needed, radisson blu hotel and diving.

We used the Sea Bees representative who is based at Cape Panwa Hotel. I presume they can pick you up at any hotel in the Cape Panwa area, but can't confirm if there is an additional cost.

I can happily recommend Sea Bees. Have used them twice for diving trips (day trip and live-a-board), and they were excellent. Staff were friendly and knowledgable, customer service fine, good equipment, overall very professional.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
106 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Urgent help needed, radisson blu hotel and diving.

Another vote for Sea Bees, we've used them everytime in Phuket and Khao Lak and they are brilliant, very safe and good boats. Only stayed in Patong and Karon before so can't comment on if there's any extra charge from Cape Panwa - but as a previous person said speak to Hilla and she will arrange everything for you.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Urgent help needed, radisson blu hotel and diving.

Hi,

There is a dive outfit that leaves from Ao Yon 5 minutes from you at the Ship Inn beach they are very good and highly recommended. I will PM you with the details.

Julie