We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities and Transport around Cape Panwa

Warrnambool...
2 posts
Save Topic
Activities and Transport around Cape Panwa

Hi, I am going to Cape Panwa for a week at the end of May. I realise that it is a distance from the main tourist advertised areas and was wondering if anyone could recommend activities in Cape Panwa or methods of travel to the more touristy areas.

Thanks

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,229 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities and Transport around Cape Panwa

Hi Roxy and John

Not sure which hotel you are staying at, I only have experience of Cape Panwa Hotel, but I am sure they alll offer similar services. CP hotel has reasonable prices for trips to Patong, Central Festival shopping centre (not my favourite) and Phuket Town via mini vans. Or you can haggle with the taxi drivers for trips. I paid 700 baht return to Phuket weekend markets last year. Driver waited for several hours while I shopped. (recommend the markets if u are there over a w/end, great atmosphere) . Lots of day trips can be booked via your hotel or the local tour desks. Cheaper via the desks but I feel we got better quality with the hotel. Check them out and compare when you arrive as with few exceptions its cheaper to book once in Thailand.

Highly recommend Phuket sailing Tours, they have a web site, you need to book in advance. Lots of trips to Phi Phi Island, Phang Nga Bay and Racha Islands to name a few. There are also locals that will take you to places in long tail boats (look for some of Jenson's reports on this forum she gives some great suggestions about this)

There is a bus service but I have never managed to work it out! Its on my list of things to do one day. Lots of nice local cafes, one bar and the hotels restaurants.

You can also hire a driver for the day to travel around the island and see things like Big Buddha. Look in the Phuket forums for driver suggestions.

Hope this helps, ask away if you need more info and I will try and help. Search the forums too as there is lots of advise on TA

regards

Georgette

Warrnambool...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities and Transport around Cape Panwa

Thanks for the info Georgette. We are staying at the Raddison Blu.

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,452 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Activities and Transport around Cape Panwa

Most tour companies can organise transfers for you to wherever the tour leaves from. It is very likely however that there will be an extra cost of transfers from Cape Panwa,

Have a great holiday,

Mark.

Phuket Sail Tours.

4. Re: Activities and Transport around Cape Panwa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:41 am, June 22, 2013