We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tailors Around Cape Panwa

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Topic
Tailors Around Cape Panwa

Hi,

My partner and I are visiting Cape Panwa this November and, as I usually do when I'm in Asia, I plan to get a couple of suits made. I've read that there are a few tailors around the Cape Panwa area, however, a couple of reviews have mentioned some use polyester and pass it off as silk or wool! Is there any substance to this does anyone know?

Generally, can anyone recommend a good tailor for men's suits and also give me an idea of materials, quality and prices? Or maybe you think it better to travel in to Phuket town? Do you get a couple of fittings before suits are finished in this part of Thailand.

Many thanks to anyone who can help,

Ror

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tailors Around Cape Panwa

Hi,

I can recomend the Tailor next door to the Sunset Bar near the bottom of the street. You will be shown different fabrics and the price can be negotiated after you have chosen . You can have suits copied or choose from a style book. For a perfect fit you usualy need a couple of fittings. I myself have always had the fabric I have paid for and have many silk dresses that are silk and not of another fabric. What can happen is that a tailor will offer you what seems to be a good bargain compared to others but the finished product can have cheap lining. I saw quite a few finished products from this tailor last year and the quality and finish was superb no inferior lining.

Julie

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tailors Around Cape Panwa

Hi Julie,

Thanks very much for that, it's always good to hear from somebody who knows the area and has had things made themselves. You seem to do a fantastic job for lots of people with all sorts of queries, us travellers rely so heavily on people like you who are good enough to take the time.

Thanks again.

Iver, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
63 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tailors Around Cape Panwa

Try Mr Narry's in Patong. I have had several suits made there and the quality of the material was of a very high standard, compared to suits I had made in a Tailors situated outside Cape Panwa.

They will arrange fittings in your hotel as well and arrange transportation for you.

Bexhill on Sea
Level Contributor
2 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tailors Around Cape Panwa

Quite agree with your view of Pauls tailors next door to the sunset bar. I had my wedding dress made there last year and it was amazing, my husband also had his wedding suit made and the quality was fabulous, and the service even better.

5. Re: Tailors Around Cape Panwa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:38 am, April 22, 2011